Work in progress ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in progress ...

Still working on things here, getting the colours nicer etc etc.

I did a hack job on that logo up there, I'll do a nicer version shortly. Also got the French language pack uploaded then had to spend an hour trying to figure out what exactly it did that changed half the english language stuff into french. yay fun :)

It *should* default to this, but if it doesn't and you want it, go into User CP, Options and choose Threaded display. That's the same style but improved from the old ChessTalk.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Who is allowed to edit the calendar? I made one entry, but can not find the possibility to edit. thnx

Comment

You mean you want to change an event you already posted?

I'm not sure if you can do it or not, but on my screen if I click on an event to see the details, in the lower-right of the event box there's a popup menu labeled "Event Options" and edit event is in there. Give that a try.
      Christopher Mallon
      FIDE Arbiter

Comment

thnx, it worked :)

Comment

What will the board policy for threads? Only one thread for each CFC, OCA, CMA etc? What about a new subforums smth: CFC:motions/election/AGM/etc

It is better to know now, that try to fix later :)

Comment

Message length

I got a warning on the French board when I tried to post a message containing just the word "Test".

Apparently - messages must be at least 10 characters long :-)

Comment

Yeah that's a default setting, we could change that if it really ticks people off :)
              Christopher Mallon
              FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Testing out the diagrams...

to do that, I typed the following:

[diagram]8/P7/8/4k2p/7P/2N2P2/4K3/8 b - - 0 54[/diagram]
                Christopher Mallon
                FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Pictures

Is there any way to post a picture under the name on the left hand side?

I looked but couldn't find that feature.

I noticed these posts are deleteable. On other message boards there was a problem of a person deleting a post and leaving the replies to that post looking silly and out of context. That feature was disabled as a result.
                  Last edited by Gary Ruben; Friday, 30th May, 2008, 10:15 PM.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Hmm I thought I disabled that, thanks for pointing it out.

The picture under your name is called your Avatar. That should help you find it :)
                    Christopher Mallon
                    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

I find the Edit Avatar. It says No Avatar specified and there is no way to change it or upload one. Maybe it's a security setting?

What I want to do is put the picture in my profile into the Avatar spot so it will show up under my name.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Also fixed now. Your profile picture might be too big though, avatars are usually quite small. We can experiment a bit to find a good balance.
                        Christopher Mallon
                        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Yes. That has it fixed and the Avarar can be editited.

Is there any way to make the size up to 125 kb? That's what I need for my American Bald Eagle.
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

What kind of file is it and what is its normal resolution?!

An avatar is 80x80 pixels maximum, which even if it was a 24 bit bitmap would be 19,200 bytes (just under the 20000 limit). A jpeg would be even smaller.

I suggest using a decent picture editor (Photoshop if you have it, GIMP is a free version) which will allow you to adjust the size of the image and it will do a nice job of scaling it to get it under the limit.
                            Christopher Mallon
                            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

This is just a test...

Comment

Working...
                              X