Feb 18th 2017, Burlington Active, 25min+10sec bonus chess tournamnet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb 18th 2017, Burlington Active, 25min+10sec bonus chess tournamnet.

Hi all,

Got some nice feedback from the last one so I'm trying this venue again!

Mark this date in your chess calendar!

Note the earlybird entry fee, register by Feb 04th to save 20% on entry fee!

WHEN: Saturday, Feb 18th 2017
    Check-in and payment on Sat 9:00-9:45 am
    Registration on site after 9:45am may not be guaranteed first round pairing
    Rounds approx. start times: 10:00am, 11:30am, Lunch, 2:00pm, 3:30pm, 5pm or ASAP

WHERE: Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
    985 Syscon Road, Burlington, ON, L7L 5S3

SECTIONS: ELITE , UNDER 2000, UNDER 1600, UNDER 1200 AND UNRATED
    PRIZES: CASH , CASH AND TROPHIES, TROPHIES, TROPHIES
    ENTRY FEE :$50
    CFC RATED: YES

Note: Can play up next section for $10 extra if within 100 rating points

TIME CONTROL: 25min + 10sec increment per move

ORGANIZERS: Bob Gillanders (TD) and Gordon Gooding

REGISTER BY FEB 04TH THE ENTRY FEE IS ONLY $40!

FREE ENTRY TO IM AND GM THAT REGISTER BY FEB 04TH

CFC ACTIVE RATINGS WILL BE USED

for registration and enquiries. Look also on chesstalk.com for updates and prereg list.
    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Saturday, 7th January, 2017, 11:26 AM.

Re: Feb 18th 2017, Burlington Active, 25min+10sec bonus chess tournamnet.

If I am not mistaken, Hart House is from Feb 18-20.

Can this Burlington active defer by another week ?

Comment

I don't think that is gonna work for me. I checked the CFC and chesstalk website in deciding when to book the date. Didn't see anything so I went ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
        If I am not mistaken, Hart House is from Feb 18-20.

Can this Burlington active defer by another week ?
        The venue is already booked. If it is a conflict, that is unfortunate, but we did check the CFC tournament listings first.
        But now the players have a choice, regular or active. err...I mean Quick.

Comment

Hi all, I have had enquiries about food being served at this tourney as we did last time. Lunch is not being provided this time. It is being reflected by the lower entrance fee. I suspect that the slighty higher entry fee, which included the soup and sandwich lunch buffet, was a little too pricey for some, maybe I'm wrong. Any of the players who came to this tourney in November, was the food good AND worth the slightly higher entry fee? I have removed the extra expense of the lunch to try and attract more players. By the way, I have talked with a certain grandmaster who has told me that he may be interested in playing in my tournament AGAIN. Time is ticking for the early bird registration discount. When the time has passed, the time has passed.

Comment

Hi all,

The entries are starting to roll in. Please note that we have added another section compared to our previous tourney in Nov 2016. Same venue. I hear that the place is getting new wallpaper or carpet, cant remember which. Time is ticking for early bird discount.

Your move.

Comment

In the past, occasionally, I have put surprise prizes that were not previously mentioned or advertised in my flyers for my tournaments. Sort of a thank you bonus were willing to play in my tournament. Just saying.

Comment

What would you like to see as additional prizes if the opportunity were available?

What would u like to see as additional prizes in tournaments you play. Can you please also give your rating as well. thnx

Comment

Time is ticking away for early bird registration discount. After Feb 04, the price is $50.

Comment

A little bird at the hotel told me that the restaurant will be open until 1pm. I am trying to arrange special express lunch service for anyone who is interested. It will be based on prepaid lunch. Will be getting sample menu for express lunch service soon. Stay tuned.

Comment

Hi all, just a few more days until the early registration discount disappears. Keep those registrations coming in. Based on number of entries there might be additional prizes as I have occasional Ly done in the past. Tick, tick.

Comment

Registrations are coming in. Familiar names, that's a good sign right? Did I mention the restaurant on site is supposed to be open until 1pm on game day? Did I mention the possibility of lunch express service if you prepay a week in advance for it? Did I mention free parking? Maybe I didn't.
                        Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Wednesday, 1st February, 2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day to save on your entry fee for the Burlington Feb active. Make the right move.

Comment

Today is the last day for the early bird registration discount. Nice to see some previous winners trying their luck again. Just kidding. There is no such thing as luck. Let's see if there is more competition this time although there was a three way tie in the open section last time.
                            Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Saturday, 4th February, 2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Got some FMs signed up and a certain GM who is interested. Hmm. A few hours left people.

Comment

Working...
                              X