Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump

It's a new year.
    Instead of pestering you all with my thoughts on Donald Trump, I have started a blog where I can take a few minutes each day and get it out of my system. The blog can be found at http://hamissauga.ca/

Visit and send me comments if you wish. I will post your comments if I feel like it.

Re: Trump

Is anyone keeping track of all the guys who said they would emigrate to Canada in case Trump won the election? Wonder how many of them actually had the balls to do it, if any.
    Last edited by Mathieu Cloutier; Tuesday, 3rd January, 2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

Democrats appear to be the last ones to have gotten the memo about phishing scams. They fell for multiple similar scams. They were not hacked. They opened the front door and let everyone in. Kind of like their immigration policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

Democrats appear to be the last ones to have gotten the memo about phishing scams. They fell for multiple similar scams. They were not hacked. They opened the front door and let everyone in. Kind of like their immigration policy.

What you are not mentioning is that the Dems are the ones who were TARGETED. If the Repugs had been targeted, the result would have been the same or worse. But we're ok now, because Trump is going to change everything: no more computers, all communications to use bicycle couriers!
        Only the rushing is heard...
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          It's a new year.
          Here's a clear view of the last 5 years of Dem. America:

Foster The People - Pumped up Kicks
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ

Take the time ... read the comments. They're fresh, even though this vid was upped in 2011 with close to a 1/4 billion views and counting ... this tune has become an American anthem.

Remind me again Bob, what's so new about this new year? Checked the latest Chicago mass murder numbers? Hasn't Obama done enough?

BTW, I've had that vid on my playlist since it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
            Here's a clear view of the last 5 years of Dem. America:

Foster The People - Pumped up Kicks
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ

Take the time ... read the comments. They're fresh, even though this vid was upped in 2011 with close to a 1/4 billion views and counting ... this tune has become an American anthem.

Remind me again Bob, what's so new about this new year? Checked the latest Chicago mass murder numbers? Hasn't Obama done enough?

BTW, I've had that vid on my playlist since it came out.
            I was just acknowledging that it is now 2017.
            You are blaming Obama for mass murders? How about the NRA? Oh, never mind.
            I started my own blog in preference to responding to posts like this.
            If you want to know my thoughts, go to http://hamissauga.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              I was just acknowledging that it is now 2017.
              You are blaming Obama for mass murders? How about the NRA? Oh, never mind.
              I started my own blog in preference to responding to posts like this.
              If you want to know my thoughts, go to http://hamissauga.ca/
              So Typical for a Dem to blame everything and everyone but themselves ...sigh.

Instead of digging in, why not try digging your way out? Take a page from Mayor Giuliani's play book.
              Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 8th January, 2017, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Instead of digging in, why not try digging your way out? Take a page from Mayor Giuliani's play book.
                Neil, are you trolling me?

If you had followed my posts more closely over the last few years, you would know my opinions align more with the issues, not by political parties: climate change, income and wealth inequality, and the housing and financial collapse, amongst others. I am not a Democrat: I would have preferred Bernie Sanders as the Democratic candidate, but certainly I did prefer Hilary Clinton over Donald Trump.

I am certainly left of centre on the political spectrum. I find positions of those on the extreme left and the extreme right to be both unacceptable and dangerous. So call me centre left if you want, but not establishment, unless you consider Bernie Sanders an establishment candidate. The whole US political establishment needs a shakeup, but Trump is not the correct answer.

The election is over, Trump won, get over it. But he needs to be challenged at every opportunity, it is the democratic process. I encourage everyone to tune into the Bernie Sanders town hall tomorrow evening.

Over the holidays, a friend asked me “why do you argue this stuff on chesstalk?”. I didn’t have a good answer. I do enjoy a good political conversation, but as I found previously with the climate change debate, eventually it devolves into silliness.

So, I will take my comments to my blog at http://hamissauga.ca/

Keep trolling me here if you want. I have better things to do.

Comment

Again Dem, you're displaying classic signs of Trump Trauma.

Here's just one them:

Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders
                  ...wealth inequality,
                  Seriously? You're part of failed Occupy movement aren't ya Bob.

Get a life!

Comment

Again Dem, you're displaying classic signs of Trump Trauma.

Here's just one them:

Seriously? You're part of failed Occupy movement aren't ya Bob.

Get a life!
                    Neil, even some American conservatives suffer from Trump Trauma. Jonah Goldberg, a conservative and a columnist for the conservative periodical National Review, said this:

"Trump is like a cat trained to piss in a human toilet. It's amazing! It's remarkable! Yes, yes, it is: for a cat. But we don't judge humans by the same standard."
                    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

You are clearly delusional, but are free to move to the US and enjoy the fruits of Trump leadership. There are no "Democrats" in Canada. Check back in 3 years and explain to us how Trump has helped America or even followed his stated playbook at all. Here are a few contentious but objective measures to look at. The wall with Mexico ( eg does it exist, who paid for it ), federal deficit and GDP growth ( Trump promised at least 4-5% per year growth ), personal tax levels ( he said he'd lower taxes -- my opinion, only rich people will have lower taxes ). No bs, let's see what occurs, and stop scapegoating Obama for what Bush did. Trump has complete freedom to follow his vision.

Comment

President Obama's legacy ...

42 million Americans struggle to survive dependent on Food Stamps!

Within a month or so America will be 20 trillion dollars in debt!

President-elect Trump ...

As just one example ... true to his campaign (both in the Primaries and in the General) The Donald has already begun to stem the loss of jobs! Close to 1,000 families who's life blood was a job with Carrier had a happy Christmas.

Contrast?

Comment

I hope not, Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                            Neil, even some American conservatives suffer from Trump Trauma. Jonah Goldberg, a conservative and a columnist for the conservative periodical National Review, said this:

"Trump is like a cat trained to piss in a human toilet. It's amazing! It's remarkable! Yes, yes, it is: for a cat. But we don't judge humans by the same standard."

Peter, I have an even better presentation of what Trump Trauma is going to be like for his supporters over the next few years.

Watch the first few minutes of this video:

Fresh Pork Sausage

Trump supporters are like the shoppers who eat the "fresh pork sausage" and say mmmm, good, yes, I'll buy it.

Then when they see "how it's made", they puke.

Trump is the fresh pork sausage that they want to buy. "Oh, it's so good how he rebukes the establishment! I'll buy into that!" they cry.

Unlike the making of the sausage in the video, the makeup of Trump is not faked. It is every bit as gross as the wiser people in society think it is. And the puking and cries of "No, no, no!" is the Trump Trauma that will be hitting his supporters over his term of power.

He isn't even sworn in yet and already many supporters are beginning to get that queasy feeling.
                            Only the rushing is heard...
                            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Loved the video ! :)

I think you're exactly right. Trump lies so easily - it's like he was born to lie - and I don't think he's fully clued in to the fact that there are millions of Americans who are expecting him to follow through on his promises. Interesting times are ahead.
                              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                              X