Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess and Math and Music and Words

Hi Chesstalkers

Toronto's Steven Galen invites ya all to visit his new website.

Many of you will know Steve's work with Chess Problem composition but he has many other talents!

The link below will take you to his site with lots of interesting stuff and Canadian Chess content to boot. (Half way down the page) Be sure to visit the music section.

visit the site

Bill Evans
    Last edited by Bill Evans; Tuesday, 10th February, 2009, 07:12 PM. Reason: spell correct

Re: Chess and Math and Music and Words

Hi Bill,

Thanks for posting this, it was interesting going through those anagrams.
    Some pretty creative stuff.
    And if you read this, well done Steve! Looking forward to seeing you play chess again soon, although it's obvious you've got a lot going on.

Alex F.

Comment

I did one for Louis Statham, host of the Lone Pine Tournaments, when I played there in 1977. It is certainly descriptive:

"I am host---salut!"

Comment

I'll have to become a fan of 1.f4
        HERON
        JAY
        BRANT

Comment

Pisses me off when I'm playing scrabble and have like 6 vowels, so I exchange and then have like 6 consonants. COME ON!

Comment

Thanks to 'Fire a relaxer' for the reply. I don't know if I can make tomorrow but I'd like to play in a tournament soon. I'm getting the itch.

Nice cryptic reply from Jonathan!
            Jonathan Berry = Heron jay brant
            Once I realized that all 3 are birds, 1.f4 makes sense - Bird's opening.

Thanks to Bill Evans for his original post. Chess anagrams is now the number one viewed page on my website.

Comment

Working...
            X