X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CFC Governors - A Problem?

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    ... Bela is a governor.

Also, the webzine shows her CFC membership expiring August 1, 2009.
    Bob
    I was going off the downloadable TD list, on which neither Bela nor her membership number appear. I was under the impression the TD list had all members, whether rated or not. Apparently I was wrong. As usual.

Comment

Of course, it is easy to make accusations......

and then say I have said all I need to, BUT, you have not backed them up. I am willing to be convinced if you have any facts to present OR were these just accusations that were "off the cuff" in an attempt to cause speculation or denigrate the CFC or its officers/members/governors. That is the new politics in many places today. Throw enough s**t and some may stick. It doesn't matter if it is true or not. I am not saying you are wrong, I merely want some facts and not some picayune little unimportant detail either. I think it was a serious charge you made.

I wait..........

Comment

Originally posted by Wilf Ferner View Post
        Motion 02-2: (Lyle Craver/Ken Craft)[/FONT]
        Addition to CFC Bylaw 1, paragraph 13 concerning eligibility of members for CFC Governorship: Any provincially elected Governor found not to be a CFC member in good standing shall have his/her voting privileges suspended.

...trimmed
        Most of the Governors are in a good standing or they are Life members. A new blog entry at webzine will help investigate every governor ;)

I think, it would be great to have TD's accomplishments in the CFC ID card.

Comment

Hugh, I brought you into this thread. I believe you have a high degree of integrity and the experience to be CFC Parliamentarian. Jon Berry would be another person I would place in this category.

Ken re. abuse of proxies- the argument all turns on how you defgne "abuse">

Comment

Re: Of course, it is easy to make accusations......

Hi Ken:

I wade in here with trepidation, but to give you some info, I think Chris previously posted that he felt one ( or more ) proxy holders failed to vote according to the proxy instructions. Chris can correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Bob

Comment

That would be one form of abuse. Another would be voting in a way you should reasonably know the proxy giver wouldn't support. The AGM is it currently stand is not an effective decision making model. We need to move to a virtual AGM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                I was going off the downloadable TD list, on which neither Bela nor her membership number appear. I was under the impression the TD list had all members, whether rated or not. Apparently I was wrong. As usual.
                uggrrr...John emailed me this morning, asking why Bela wasn't on the TDlist of members.....so while I was investigating this mystery...(because she was on my TDlist)....he was posting on chesstalk.....so I have solved the mystery and was going to email John the answer.....but I may as well explain it to everyone here instead......but first let me say:

I had the pleasure to meet Bela at the AGM last year. She was there representing women as the CFC women's coordinator and addressed concerns related to the womens olympic team. So besides attending the AGM, her membership is current and she was a donor to the Olympic fund. I sure hope this recent interest in her CFC status was not intended as an attack on her character. :(

Back to the mystery,

I called Vince this morning for his help, and discovered the following:

The TDlist of memberships on the legacy site specifically excludes members who have no rating whatsoever (regular, active, FIDE). Troy did this way back when, so that non playing members would be excluded (there are a few membership types without rating privileges, ie. mag subscriptions).

The TDlist I was looking at is the one that Vince created for use with SwissSys software. It can be found in the SwissSys area, and we would prefer everyone use that one. It does have all the zero rated players. I believe Vince has excluded non rating types, but I will check that out.

So mystery solved. Okay ?
                Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 8th April, 2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I agree with Ken's comment below....

Ken, re. abuse of proxies- the argument all turns on how you define "abuse."

However, regardless how one defines abuse, I would still like to know what I missed at the meeting last July. One should not make blanket statements which cast aspersions on those running the meeting, Governors, members, etal., without more explanation. The way Chris did this leaves many wondering if the whole meeting was false and everyone there were crooks.

OK, I think I have made my point and this will be my last comment on this matter.

Comment

I think you and Chris have both made your points. I think it is fair to say that last year's AGM, like many of the CFC's, was not without its flaws.

Comment

Working...
                    X