Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Open 2015

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
    Meanwhile in America, they are in the midst of planning the 2017 USA Open. The 2016 USA Open already has dates and information. Forget the 2015 USA Open, that location and information about the tournament has already been known for two years now.
    The Quebec Open Championship (a 9-round event on 8 days with an average of 275 players) is organized every summer by the FQE in Montreal. Next one is scheduled for July 18-25, 2015. Maybe it should simply be renamed as the Canadian Open if nobody else in Canada wants to organize the Canadian Open?
    Last edited by Louis Morin; Wednesday, 10th December, 2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Open 2015

I believe, it was already done this summer.

Comment

Re: Canadian Open 2015

Originally posted by Louis Morin View Post
        Is there any information on the web about the next Canadian Open? A German grandmaster would like to register, but cannot find anything.
        I am unsure if a German grandmaster would be interested in playing 9 games in 5 days.

Comment

Re: Canadian Open 2015

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
          I am unsure if a German grandmaster would be interested in playing 9 games in 5 days.
          Good point, Andy. For nine rounds in five days, clearly a Bulgarian GM is needed.
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
          X