Incorrect FIDE ratings?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect FIDE ratings?!

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the CFC had my up-to-date FIDE rating incorrect. When I went to the "look up FIDE rating" link, it, naturally, had my correct (not to mention lower!) rating. So with this post, I am wondering if other players have the same discrepancy (those that care, that is!) ?! Thanks in advance to other posters here.

Re: Incorrect FIDE ratings?!

Originally posted by Dave Southam View Post
    I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the CFC had my up-to-date FIDE rating incorrect. When I went to the "look up FIDE rating" link, it, naturally, had my correct (not to mention lower!) rating. So with this post, I am wondering if other players have the same discrepancy (those that care, that is!) ?! Thanks in advance to other posters here.
    Hi Dave:

Mine is correct....but it is from back in March/14. Maybe there has been a problem since then.

As you know, my memory is bad, but I think there was a problem of this nature that affected many CFC'ers, maybe about 6 months ago.

Bob Gillanders, CFC E.D., handles the ratings, and knows the old system pretty well. I'd e-mail him.....may be better than posting here.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi Dave:

Mine is correct....but it is from back in March/14. Maybe there has been a problem since then.

As you know, my memory is bad, but I think there was a problem of this nature that affected many CFC'ers, maybe about 6 months ago.

Bob Gillanders, CFC E.D., handles the ratings, and knows the old system pretty well. I'd e-mail him.....may be better than posting here.

Bob
      I have no direct knowledge of the internals but I would start by wondering how the CFC "gets" the FIDE rating: is it an automated or semi-automated process (with possible flaws) or is it a manual process that hasn't been kept up to date or corrected? There are many possible scenarios I can envision where things go wrong - I just cannot decide which scenario matches the reality... Maybe Bob Gillanders will enlighten us (or maybe he too doesn't know for sure as well).
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        I have no direct knowledge of the internals but I would start by wondering how the CFC "gets" the FIDE rating: is it an automated or semi-automated process (with possible flaws) or is it a manual process that hasn't been kept up to date or corrected? There are many possible scenarios I can envision where things go wrong - I just cannot decide which scenario matches the reality... Maybe Bob Gillanders will enlighten us (or maybe he too doesn't know for sure as well).
        AFAIK, there is no efficient way to update FIDE ratings in our database.
        That is why the link to the FIDE site was added just below your CFC rating. You can use the link to get your current FIDE rating.
        We should probably delete all the FIDE ratings in our database to avoid confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          AFAIK, there is no efficient way to update FIDE ratings in our database.
          That is why the link to the FIDE site was added just below your CFC rating. You can use the link to get your current FIDE rating.
          We should probably delete all the FIDE ratings in our database to avoid confusion.
          Hi. It can definitely be annoying and frustrating that the FIDE ratings don't get updated. But as an arbiter inputting results on the computer, it's nice to see the FIDE IDs pop-up and know we're doing the correct FIDE report as opposed to some other alternate ratings, like... rapid.
          Alex F.

Comment

Working...
          X