Missing Names in CFC U16/U14 rating lists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Names in CFC U16/U14 rating lists?

So I was checking the CFC rating lists for U16 just to see the general level of my competition (which is very very high!) for tournaments like the upcoming OYCC (may 23/24 i believe) and the CYCC (which is early July), however I encountered something very strange. My name didn't appear on either the U16 or the U14 list. (I should be U16, but I thought it could be possible I was somehow stuck on the U14 list).
    http://chess.ca/players?player_searc...72bb321d9f03fb

http://chess.ca/players?player_searc...81b53e1e1b18b6

Now this doesn't bother me at all, however i was interested to know if more people then just me were not on the list. Originally I thought it was just because my rating was provisional, however now it's a regular rating. Would this just be for some other reason or is it really that players do not appear on the list sometime? It could be that I'm searching the wrong thing as well....that could be a problem!

Re: Missing Names in CFC U16/U14 rating lists?

It could be as simple as the fact that the person's age is not in the relevant rating database. When tournament directors submit their tournament reports if they don't fill in the fields for birthdate we won't have that information. If their CFC membership is expired they are not on the list. If they have paid for a membership and the office has not been informed yet then they will not be on the list. We noticed this problem when we were considering players for the U16 youth olympiad and I have noticed the same situation in the case of some of the Windsor juniors including Jeannie Zhang who won the CYCC in her age group a couple of years ago.

Comment

Ok so in my case it'd probably be that my age is just not "in the relevant rating database". that makes sense, so probably it's not that it's some kind of bug, more like a few player's won't appear in the list, but it's unlikely that the number is very large. Good to know!

Comment

Caleb, I would just like to mention that the default search on the CFC site would likely mislead you in terms of your competitors from Quebec.

There is an old and persistent problem: the CFC membership database isn't sync'ed with the FQE database and doesn't take into account FQE members' expiration dates. Most junior players belonging to the FQE only play one CFC-rated tournament per year (the CYCC). When a new calendar year rolls over their CFC status incorrectly 'lapses', and their names no longer show up in the default search voa the Ratings page.

In order to include those FQE members in your search, try changing the value in the 5th combobox from the top from "Current Members" to "Current and Expired within 1 year". This should give you a better idea of the field.

Example:

Girls U-12, "current members" only

Girls U-12, including incorrectly "expired" FQE members

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb Petersen View Post
          Ok so in my case it'd probably be that my age is just not "in the relevant rating database". that makes sense, so probably it's not that it's some kind of bug, more like a few player's won't appear in the list, but it's unlikely that the number is very large. Good to know!
          Caleb, your date of birth is missing from the database. Please send an email to CFC office. Thanks.

Comment

Vadim, I did notice that! The way I got around that was choosing "All members" which would select everyone who was within the age group.
            Bob, what email address do I email it to? info@chess.ca or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb Petersen View Post
              Bob, what email address do I email it to? info@chess.ca
              Yes. Good for all CFC correspondence.

Comment

Working...
              X