Canadian Chess Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Chess Hall of Fame

This excellent initiative was started by David Cohen. I did a google search and I did not find anything for a number of years. Does anyone have any information?

Larry

Re: Canadian Chess Hall of Fame

I always check under www.chess.ca biographies. Not sure what you mean although it has not been updated recently.

Comment

Its actually called whos who at the top of the page.

Comment

No, Larry is referring to the Canadian Chess Hall of Fame, last updated in 2011. See http://www.canadianchess.info/canadi...allOfFame.html. I don't wish to speak for David nor know what's going on in his life, but my impression is he was frustrated and discouraged by the lack of official support for his initiative (note the two plaques were seeking a home - as far as I know this situation hasn't changed).

Comment

Larry, Hans, Stephen,

I started compiling biographies of Canadian chess players in 1999. They are published by me on my web site canadianchess.info (click on
          History). The CFC also has the rights to publish them, and these became the basis for the start of their Who's Who web pages. I've been
          busy in my retirement and haven't had time to update my own web site. By the way, if anyone wants their own bio updated (photo, best
          game, etc.) on my web site - it still turns up at or near the top of internet searches - please contact me through the form on the
          site.

The Canadian Chess Hall of Fame is a different story - that's entirely mine. Again, I've been busy and haven't had time to update it
          for the past few years. There are two permanent plaques inscribed with the names of the inductees. As Stephen noted, I would like to
          find a permanent home for them. Also, for the Hall to have meaning and prosper, it has to survive beyond me. So, I would like in the
          long run for the CFC to take it over (set up a volunteer committee, determine selection method, arrange presentations).

Regards,

David

Comment

Working...
          X