KEVIN SPRAGGETT ON CHESS ( his blog )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEVIN SPRAGGETT ON CHESS ( his blog )

I am personally very impressed with Kevin Spraggett's latest feature article :
    Just how NERDY is chess?
    The major theme is femininity in its various forms ( sexy, serious, absurd, fashion, playfullness, ...) as it relates to chess.
    OVER 130 Photographs! Each picture tells a story. I don't believe that anybody has put together anything like this before.

GM Alexandra Kosteniuk

My last round game in Metz
    Done over a week ago, this article presents Kevin Spraggett's last round win: the thinking processes involved, the strategic plans during the game. On move 5 , Kevin chooses a move preferred by Alekhine and Capablanca , rather than one favoured by modern theory. He takes you move by move through the game to its conclusion.

Throughout the game, Kevin uncovers many of the truths of chess:' it must be noted that it is always unpleasant for an opponent to play an unpleasant position for a prolonged period of time.'

Kevin Spraggett's blog is clear and concise, with great humour, great knowledge, and daily puzzles.

http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Anthony Cheron; Thursday, 30th April, 2009, 12:55 PM.

Re: KEVIN SPRAGGETT ON CHESS ( his blog )

Originally posted by Anthony Cheron View Post
    The major theme is femininity in its various forms ( sexy, serious, absurd, fashion, playfullness, ...) as it relates to chess.
    OVER 130 Photographs! Each picture tells a story. I don't believe that anybody has put together anything like this before.

GM Alexandra Kosteniuk
    Can she cook? Ask Kevin. :)
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Who Cares?! :)

characters

Comment

Please see her website (very good and professional), as below:

http://www.kosteniuk.com/links/links.php

:)

Comment

Yes Gary I believe she can cook. And a lot better than you are used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
            Yes Gary I believe she can cook. And a lot better than you are used to.
            lol - and you would know either of those things - how?
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

sorry one gentleman should know another gentleman couldn't possibly say how he knows certain things or believes certain things
              Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Friday, 1st May, 2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                sorry one gentleman should know another gentleman couldn't possibly say how he knows certain things or believes certain things
                I was referring to cooking things like cold Borscht and Blintzes. I'm think your comment might be a bit more crude than that.

My comment was a throwback to the old Harry Belafonte funny song, "Get an ugly girl to marry you". I thought Kevin might remember it and get a laugh.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

No it wasn't crude, being from a Slavic culture and a good cook myself I'm aware that most Slavs have a good domestic education and this often involves learning to cook at a young age, especially our traditional dishes.

Comment

duplicate copy
                    Last edited by Anthony Cheron; Wednesday, 6th May, 2009, 11:10 AM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Today a great article about Grandmaster Andor Lilienthal.--98 years old!

AND NOW:

THE SHAMEFUL SIDE OF CANADA...

The new CFC !

From wikipedia: The traditional way to resign is by tipping over one's king.
                      "A good player knows the right moment to resign." - Proverb

Question: Is the CFC looking at a balanced budget in 2010 , or is the position of the CFC hopeless? Recent developments would indicate the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Cheron View Post

Question: Is the CFC looking at a balanced budget in 2010 , or is the position of the CFC hopeless? Recent developments would indicate the latter.
                        That's an interesting question. I think we have to wait and see how the new business manager promotes the game and manages the business.

There have been some interesting events in the last year with decent participation. I know events aren't a big as they used to be but participation seems to be picking up. There is a new generation of players around and we will have to see how dedicated they are to the game over the longer term before we can know or predict the future of the CFC.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                          I think we have to wait and see how the new business manager promotes the game and manages the business.
                          The new business manager is like the captain of a ship. Yes we can wait...............

'His legendary skills of leadership seem to have left him, he was curiously indecisive and unusually cautious.'
                          Captain Smith --- sinking of the Titanic

http://www.euronet.nl/users/keesree/captain.htm

Comment

So when is Kevin running for President?

Comment

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. The steps go like this:

1) Kevin convinces someone to run.
                              2) He praises them in private with various Governors.
                              3) They win.
                              4) They irk him in some way.
                              5) He blasts them in public.

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least three times this happened over the years.
                              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X