2016 Canadian University Chess Championships January 9-10, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 CUCC photos

This thread was a real pleasure to read. The timing of the tournament looked a little dangerous in light of events in Ottawa and Guelph, but perhaps a useful factor was the delayed return to class at a number of Canadian Universities. In any case, great job guys. Frank is a long standing advocate of the CUCC and Tyler is a very capable Arbiter ++. What I found must most heart warming was the work of Simon Gladstone, who added a layer of professionalism to the tournament that really made it special.

Guelph is perhaps a player or two short of a team this year but we hope to join the event in 2017.

Comment

Re: 2016 CUCC photos

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
      This thread was a real pleasure to read. The timing of the tournament looked a little dangerous in light of events in Ottawa and Guelph, but perhaps a useful factor was the delayed return to class at a number of Canadian Universities. In any case, great job guys. Frank is a long standing advocate of the CUCC and Tyler is a very capable Arbiter ++. What I found must most heart warming was the work of Simon Gladstone, who added a layer of professionalism to the tournament that really made it special.

Guelph is perhaps a player or two short of a team this year but we hope to join the event in 2017.
      I really can't overemphasize how impressed I was with Simon and the Queen's Club's organization of the event. They did an outstanding job with great attention to detail, which is even more impressive considering they are first time organizers.

Comment

Working...
      X