Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rd. 6 streaming live

"All" games are available from the official site: http://www.wycc2015.org/

I had planned to make a file of all of Canada's games, but there appear to be many games missing. It turns out there are only 4 games from each round for the U08 sections; 12 games from each of the U10, U12, U14, U16(g), and U18(g) sections, and 18 from each of the U16(b) and U18(b) sections. We'll wait and see if other games are entered eventually - probably there were limitations due to the number of DGT boards available?

Comment

Re: WYCC 2016 under way

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      Largest federations:

Code:
      FED	Federation	Count

USA	USA		129
      GRE	Greece		78
      RUS	Russia		70
      CAN	Canada		56
      IND	India		50
      KAZ	Kazakhstan	47
      CHN	China		46
      GER	Germany		38
      NOR	Norway		35
      ESP	Spain		30
      ENG	England		29
      RSA	South Africa	28
      TUR	Turkey		28
      ARM	Armenia		27
      POL	Poland		27
      MGL	Mongolia	26
      SRI	Sri Lanka	25
      SRB	Serbia		23
      AUT	Austria		22
      BEL	Belgium		22
      BUL	Bulgaria	21
      EST	Estonia		20
      FRA	France		20
      GEO	Georgia		20
      ROU	Romania		20
      WLS	Wales		20
      India was #5 in quantity but #1 in quality.

Harikrishna @HariChess
      Gold =5 Silver=3 Bronze=3!! @fidewycc2015 Total domination by Indians!!! Proud of them. Wishing them a bright future ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
        in quality.
        Medals
        Code:
        Rk.	 FED	gold	silver	bronze	Total
        1	IND	5	3	3	11
        2	IRI	1	0	1	2
        	BUL	1	0	1	2
        4	AZE	1	0	0	1
        	GER	1	0	0	1
        	GRE	1	0	0	1
        	UZB	1	0	0	1
        	VIE	1	0	0	1
        9	RUS	0	3	1	4
        10	USA	0	1	3	4
        11	POL	0	1	1	2
        12	SVK	0	1	0	1
        	HUN	0	1	0	1
        	CHN	0	1	0	1
        	ITA	0	1	0	1
        16	MNE	0	0	1	1
        	ARM	0	0	1	1

Comment

Amazing one third of all medals by India and almost one half of the gold medals!!!! I wonder what year they will reach 100 grandmasters? - probably very soon. Other surprises Russia and US (only 4 medals and no gold) and China only one medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            Other surprises Russia and US (only 4 medals and no gold)
            Yes, this was the first year when the USCF dropped all qualification requirements to participate in the WYCC. Any family that paid a fee to the federation could have a child going to Greece, which resulted in an eye-popping number of 129 players.
            Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; Friday, 6th November, 2015, 03:27 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
              Yes, this was the first year when the USCF dropped all qualification requirements to participate in the WYCC. Any family that paid a fee to the federation could have a child going to Greece, which resulted in an eye-popping number of 129 players.
              USA 129 players, eye popping yes, but I would argue Canada’s 56 is even more so for a nation one-tenth the population. No medals, but a very respectable team score of 49%. Not cannon fodder, but a competitive and motivated group challenging the best in the world. Well done Kids!

And we should not forget the Canadian chess community, players, volunteers, coaches, parents, and officials that made it all possible. Thanks.

Please forgive my inclination to be a cheerleader. I know the popular thing to do is to complain endlessly about the sad state of affairs of chess in Canada. Occasionally, I think we should acknowledge our achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                USA 129 players, eye popping yes, but I would argue Canada’s 56 is even more so for a nation one-tenth the population. No medals, but a very respectable team score of 49%. Not cannon fodder, but a competitive and motivated group challenging the best in the world. Well done Kids!

And we should not forget the Canadian chess community, players, volunteers, coaches, parents, and officials that made it all possible. Thanks.

Please forgive my inclination to be a cheerleader. I know the popular thing to do is to complain endlessly about the sad state of affairs of chess in Canada. Occasionally, I think we should acknowledge our achievements.
                Bob, I agreed with you yesterday.:p

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

We can't expect to win a world championship every year. Congratulations to all the kids and parents on a job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                    Congratulations to all the kids and parents on a job well done.
                    Let me add thanks to Victoria Jung-Doknjas for, in addition to her duties as Canada's Head of Delegation, keeping keeping us long-distance fans in Canada supplied with photos on the CFC facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                    X