Calgary International Chess Classic Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calgary International Chess Classic Begins

The tournament started on time at 7 pm mountain time.

Visit the website for pairings and live games.

Round 1 pairings

The top 3 boards are being broadcast live via DGT boards. Here is the link

I will get some photos up when I get a chance, and all games from the event will be available in pgn format on the website.

Re: Calgary International Chess Classic Begins

The top 3 boards were the first to finish for round 1. All other games are still in progress. You can follow the results on the website.

http://www.albertachess.org/Pairings&Results.html

Round 2 will begin at 11 am Mountain time, top 3 boards will be broadcast on the site.

Comment

The "Games" link PGN viewer displays the games from the 2008 event. Will this be corrected/updated?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes Hugh, it will. I have not been able to get any games input yet, and I've just resolved some problems with the DGT boards which are working now for round 2.

I should have games up in the next couple of hours.

Round 2 broadcast has the following 3 boards:

IM Sandor Kustar vs GM Anton Kovalyov
        Steven Peter vs IM Renier Castellanos
        IM Edward Porper vs IM Tom O'Donnell

GM John Fedorowicz vs IM John Donaldson saw a quick draw, first game to finish.

Tournament website is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post

GM John Fedorowicz vs IM John Donaldson saw a quick draw, first game to finish.

Hmmm, yes. GM Fedorowicz was telling everyone before the game started, and before IM Donaldson arrived, that it was going to be a quick draw.

He said "Donaldson gets 5 whites and 3 blacks in this tournament". I said "What?". And he said "yeah, well, this draw isn't going to count, so that leaves 8 games."

Put 'em in a jar and make 'em fight, Tony!
          Last edited by Micah Hughey; Friday, 15th May, 2009, 02:30 PM. Reason: I'm not a good speller.

Comment

Well, I didn't have a rule in place for that this year, but I will rethink for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
              Well, I didn't have a rule in place for that this year, but I will rethink for next year.
              We had a minimum 30 move rule with a small penalty for violation, for last year's Edmonton International and it worked like a charm. There were only two draws in less than 30 moves and they were both fought out. In any case, it seems that most of the games in the Calgary International are interesting, so keep up the good work!

Comment

Hey Vlad, I know that the ACA is putting a lot of effort into the Canadian Open, but do you have any preliminary plans for the Edmonton International?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith MacKinnon View Post
                  Hey Vlad, I know that the ACA is putting a lot of effort into the Canadian Open, but do you have any preliminary plans for the Edmonton International?
                  Very preliminary! In any case nothing will be announced until after the Can Open!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
                    Very preliminary! In any case nothing will be announced until after the Can Open!
                    The only thing I can tell you now is that it will be December 17-21, 2009

Comment

Working...
                    X