Street savvy chess promoters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street savvy chess promoters

Hi, I'm looking to hire the most progressive street savvy chess promoters in the following cities:

Montreal
    Ottawa
    Toronto
    Winnipeg
    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Vancouver

Either post names here at CT (chess club contact is good too) or send me an email ... neil@societyofchessaficionados.world

Thanks so much!

Re: Street savvy chess promoters

Oops, I forgot to mention that experience directing chess tournaments is a must.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks! Thanks for all the email inquires and sorry I didn't get to all your emails sooner but Christmas was a rush, the rest of 24th a blur ... 26th catch my breath.

Anyways, thanks again!

peace.
      n.

Comment

Surprised he didn't ask about Victoria, home of the biggest tournament in BC
        Paul Leblanc
        Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Hi Paul, with BC the city choice was based purely on population and not so much on chess enthusiasts or on CFC member numbers. Of course I'm not privy to CFC or CMA memberships addresses and of course would love to have the ICC numbers too. But, to your knowledge are there more chess players in Victoria or Vancouver?

On street level, in cafes and clubs and what have you, which city has the largest chess base?

I just naturally assumed, based on population, that Vancouver had the larger chess base...

Comment

Hi Neil. I must have read your question wrong. I thought you were looking to hire competent chess organizers and TDs for some project you had in mind.
            Most of the big tournaments in BC in the past 5 years have been run by Victoria Chess and we usually use Mark Dutton as TD for our Victoria events and Stephen Wright for our Vancouver events.
            The Vancouver Chess School and Chess2Inspire are two good places to look for people involved in BC Junior Chess.
            Also, the BCCF President, Alonso Campos runs some events in Surrey.
            Paul Leblanc

Comment

Hi Neil. I must have read your question wrong. I thought you were looking to hire competent chess organizers and TDs for some project you had in mind.
              Most of the big tournaments in BC in the past 5 years have been run by Victoria Chess and we usually use Mark Dutton as TD for our Victoria events and Stephen Wright for our Vancouver events.
              The Vancouver Chess School and Chess2Inspire are two good places to look for people involved in BC Junior Chess.
              Also, the BCCF President, Alonso Campos runs some events in Surrey.
              Paul Leblanc

Comment

Very helpful info, I wasn't aware that Victoria had such a distinguished run. And yes, I am looking to hire one Org/TD for one tournament in either Victoria or Vancouver ...and one in each of the other mentioned cities too (I'll probably grab Ottawa).

I'll talk it out here at SOCA and determine which BC city we'll go with.

Thanks.

Comment

What is SOCA and what type of events do you sponsor?
                  Paul Leblanc

Comment

Paul wrote:

What is SOCA and what type of events do you sponsor?
                    I assume it is that what is part of Neil's email address (in his first posting):

Society of Chess Aficionados

Comment

Working...
                    X