Large databases....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large databases....

It's always interesting to check how many of my games (and which games) are included in large databases. I have 527 games in Megabase 2016 - including quite a few coffee-table games I played with friends in the 1960's (although we did try to keep them serious by using a clock, and trying to keep the background music to a minimum).

Chessgames.com gives me 12 games - 1 GM (at the time), and other opponents of various levels.
    Chess-db.com: 194 games. Various levels of opposition.

Re: Large databases....

The master TWIC database (1.8 million plus games) has 38 of your games. I attempted to add a zipped cbv file of your games to this post but the instructions are unclear/don't seem to work.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Hi: Found 504 games of Brodie,Hugh on www.chessbites.com

Wilf Ferner

Comment

Originally posted by Wilf Ferner View Post
        Hi: Found 504 games of Brodie,Hugh on www.chessbites.com

Wilf Ferner

Here's a ranking list of players I'd like to see:

From all tournament or match games known to history where both players are Master level and above and are playing at "slow" time control (i.e. non-blitz, non-active, non-rapid games), a ranking of players who have played a minimum of 500 such games (just chose that number arbitrarily, not sure if it would limit the list too much or not) where the ranking is based on % of games drawn, where smallest percentage is at the top.

It would take someone who really knows how to work Chessbase to actually come up with a valid such ranking, where the games could all be validated as fitting the criteria.

In the meantime, anyone care to predict top 5 players in such a ranking?
        Only the rushing is heard...
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

The most common player name in Megabase 2016 is "BYE" with 8420 entries. Next is Korchnoi with 5117. About 1000 of Korchnoi's games have no ratings or less than 2200 for his opponents (mostly prior to 1970).
          Let's go down to the #7 entry - a more recent player - Ivanchuk with 3736 games. About 100 have no rating or less than 2200 for his opponents.
          (entry #28 is "NN" with 3017 entries).

The family name with the most different players in Megabase is probably "Garcia" (with or without maternal family names), with "Rodriguez" close behind.

Comment

Working...
          X