Calgary International Chess Classic Round 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calgary International Chess Classic Round 6

Hopefully we have resolved some of the technical issues with out internet connection here, but we shall see. Babysitting the DGT's and running the tournament has kept me from inputing all the games. All of round 3 has been entereed, along with some from rounds 4 & 5, should have them all in shortly.

The top 3 boards for round 6 are:

Victor Kaminski vs GM Anton Kovalyov
    IM Renier Castellanos vs FM Eric Hansen
    FM Vladimir Pechenkin vs IM Edward Porper

Note both Eric and Victor are still in the norm hunt!

Watch live games here

View pgn file here

Round by round pairings & results here

Standings here

Re: Calgary International Chess Classic Round 6

We are still having technical problems with the DGT boards. I have resolved the internet connection issues, but now the software is causing me headaches!

We will try again for round 7 which starts at 6pm.

Comment

Are there still norm possibilities for anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Chaisson View Post
        Are there still norm possibilities for anyone?
        Looks like Eric Hansen just got a norm by drawing David Peng. Victor Kaminski will get a norm if he beats Nicholas Moloney!

Comment

How do I download all the games (2008 and 2009) at once? There was a download link for the 2008 games a few days ago, but it seems to have disappeared.

Comment

I will fix the link for 2008 if it isn't working.

The games for 2009 are not all in yet. I just had too many other things that had to be done all at once. Right now 2009 only has up to round 5, and I hope to have them all in by Friday. I will provide a link on the ACA and Calgary International sites, and if you send me your email Hugh, I will gladly forward you the pgn files directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
              Looks like Eric Hansen just got a norm by drawing David Peng. Victor Kaminski will get a norm if he beats Nicholas Moloney!
              Yes, Eric scored his second IM norm, while Victor was not so lucky in the last round against Nicholas Moloney. Victor got into some time trouble near the end otherwise the result might have been different.

This was an interesting experience for me to say the least. I think I will sleep for a while!

Comment

Working...
              X