Big up to Ottawa, a great show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big up to Ottawa, a great show...

I'd just like to thank Aris and crew for putting on a throroughly well run tournament. The tournament had no visible bumps, good distrubition of prizes and Aris was true to his motto of being - rather than wishing - for a good tournament, by making it happen. Rounds were on time, top boards were taped off, and I think everyone enjoyed the strong measure of professionalism.

Frank did a great job as well, and kept us informed on the rules. That's actually quite helpful because I had no idea you could not make certain claims with the time incriment in effect. Up here in the boonies we rarely play tournaments with incriments.

The venue (RA Center) was excellent, remarkably clean, and had only a single flaw of one employee (which was entirely out of the TD's control). This is an excellent venue for chess, and it was nice to be able to watch badminton at the same time as playing.

I stayed at Carelton U for the duration. It was fairly inexpensive, and a two minute drive to the RA center. It was a perfect setup. They dont have complimentary shampoo however, so be warned!

Lastly but far from leastly,
    congrats to Artiom and Bator for taking down the open section, along with Roman who came in third just behind an IM and a GM.

Mavros

Re: Big up to Ottawa, a great show...

Mavros, thanks for the kind words!

Like I said, the players were great!

Eastern Ontario Open next month!

Comment

Working...
    X