Sevan Muradian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sevan Muradian

With great sadness the FIDE Arbiters' Commission was informed that IA Sevan Muradian passed away on 18 February 2016.

The Commission expresses its sincere condolences to his family and to the US Chess Federation.

Sevan was a well known International Arbiter, International Organizer and FIDE Lecturer. He was the founder of the Chess IQ Academy and Chess Center in Chicago, USA and he was very active having organized many tournaments and FIDE Arbiters' Seminars.

His contribution to the Chess community was really great.

Rest in peace Sevan!

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...adian-rip.html
    Last edited by Rene Preotu; Friday, 19th February, 2016, 11:25 AM.

Re: Sevan Muradian

This is a huge shock. Sevan was a terrific organizer. Rest in peace Sevan.

Comment

Oh my this is shocking. RIP

Comment

Unbelievable!! Sevan was just getting started, despite having achieved so much already. 40 years old?!
        My heart is heavy with this shocking news. He was a dear colleague in FIDE - Secretary of the Rules Commission, full of energy and fresh ideas. He will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Comment

A wonderful person, intelligent, humorous and warm. A universally respected organizer. The creator of eNotate. The founder of the North Shore Chess Center.

Always the first to help, reassure and quietly support people aged from 7 to 77. A fixture in the Armenian community. Rest in peace, Sevan.

Comment

Via the USCF site and Susan Polgar's blog, here is the GoFundMe campaign for Sevan's two daughters. Please contribute if you can.

Comment

$30,551 raised by 123 people in 2 days.

Comment

Working...
              X