Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help with this?

I received an e-mail from Wayne Komer:

I have tried to post a chess diagram but find that the normal way to do this isn't working.

I put in which should work. It is a post in my See here, Private Serper post of today - March 14.

Further, a diagram I had posted months ago when examined is not working either!!

Would you please fix this?

-----------------------------------------------

or is this something I have to work out with vbulletin?

Larry

Re: Can someone help with this?

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    I received an e-mail from Wayne Komer:

I have tried to post a chess diagram but find that the normal way to do this isn't working.

I put in <diagram>rnbqkbnr/pp3ppp/2p1p3/8/4P3/8/PPPP1PPP/RNBQK1NR w KQ - 0 5</diagram> (where [ and ] replaced with < and > respectively)
    which should work. It is a post in my See here, Private Serper post of today - March 14.

Further, a diagram I had posted months ago when examined is not working either!!

Would you please fix this?

-----------------------------------------------

or is this something I have to work out with vbulletin?

Larry
    It seems the "diagram" tag is no longer working... perhaps it got lost or mangled when you changed hosting sites? I don't recall where it came from or know much about how such things are implemented in vbulletin... sorry.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Can someone help with this?

trying "fen" as tag

Comment

Retro Corner to the rescue

There is a retro corner website hosted by Otto and Angela Janko. They have a PHP Chess Diagrammer in the form of PHP script which creates chess diagram images on the fly, based on an algebraic notation called "Fairy FEN" (FFEN).

Retro Corner, Chess Diagrammer

Simply post an image (not locally) as explained and it will work. Here is an example.

Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Tuesday, 15th March, 2016, 11:37 AM.
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Retro Corner to the rescue

Can Someone Help With This?

March 15, 2016

Thank you Larry, Kerry and Nigel for all the help.

It does seem that the “diagram” operation no longer works. Further, a board position that I posted under the title “Extraordinary Endgame on January 5, 2016 has disappeared and is replaced by the little blue square with the white question mark in it.

The good news to me is that my mental faculties have not crumbled. Two men were just loading my furniture and books onto a truck to take us all to The Institute for the Chessically Insane and I can get the guys to stop and unload and go back to watching the Candidates.

Thanks again to everyone.

Comment

Let us see if that works with Wayne's original FEN:

seems like it does...

BUT, that doesn't fix all the old posts in ChessTalk - I think Larry will have to find some way to reinstate the diagram tag..

Comment

Seems the problem is with the main site of the ChessImager: http://www.eddins.net/steve/chess/chessimager
              It does not open anything (meaningful)

The FEN goes to "http://www.eddins.net/steve/chess/ChessImager/ChessImager.php?fen=rnbqkbnr/pp3ppp/2p1p3/8/4P3/8/PPPP1PPP/RNBQK1NR%20w%20KQ%20-%200%205" and would create an image but not for now.

Now a workaround works fine.

One more generator: https://www.chessvideos.tv/chess-diagram-generator.php

Comment

After some digging it seems it would be possible to install on chesstalk.com it and eliminate going to other website to create images.
                https://github.com/eddins/chessimager

Comment

Thanks!

You are awesome!

I have passed the info on to those who know how to do this :).

I will keep everyone in the loop.

Larry

Comment

I have been informed by our programmer that the problem has been solved. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and helping us find the solution.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                      I have been informed by our programmer that the problem has been solved. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and helping us find the solution.

Larry
                      So, to summarize ... it seems that it is possible to put the FEN notation for a diagram position
                      in between {diagram} and {/diagram} OR {fen} and {/fen} tags and a diagram will be inserted
                      corresponding to the position described by the FEN notation.

Comment

Working...
                      X