Chess Supersite Launches This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Supersite Launches This Weekend

The all new Chess Supersite is set to launch this Saturday, March 26, at 12:00 noon EDT with a dazzling array of events including Garry Kasparov doing live audio commentary of a new Invitational GM-only event and on Sunday the first in series of blitz events with $1,250.00 US in prizes and total prizes of $30,000 US with free entry fee.

Several years in the planning Chess Supersite is an exciting new site with an array of attractive features unique on the Internet – Choose Your Moves and Win. There will be at least $2,500.00 US paid to the winner in just 6 days – from March 26 to March 31.

It's a great development for Canadian Chess. Chess Supersite is owned by Chess Supersite Corp. a Reporting Issuer (public company) on the OTC Market Group (CHZP).

Players who join the site this weekend all receive a fee six months Platinum Membership and pay no entry fees to any of the events. The link to the site is www.chesssupersite.com

Re: Chess Supersite Launches This Weekend

News Release of March 21, 2016.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chess-...165244927.html

Comment

Sasha, I was very interested to hear of your latest project. Perhaps you can tell us more about who and what is behind this very exciting initiative. It could certainly be an important addition to the on-line chess scene.

That is a pretty tough market, as you note in your filings:
      "The Company faces significant competition in its business. The Company competes for the time, attention and discretionary spending of users and players with other game developers and chess websites based on the quality of user experience, brand awareness and reputation. Other developers of online games may develop more compelling content that competes with the Company’s games and adversely affects the Company’s ability to attract and retain players and their entertainment time."

(Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/c...#ixzz43gKllpTq)

I note that you and Shinderman replaced the previous executives in May 2014 at River Run and propose to pay yourselves each $100K per annum. Apart from that and a few glossy pro formas and filings showing negative net worth of over $700K, it is not clear to me just what makes this a serious undertaking although Kasparov's involvement (no doubt at a price) clearly helps give visibility. The launch certainly has the potential to be a very significant event.

Best wishes.

BTW, I would hope posters on this subject clearly state their involvement, if any, with the project.

Comment

It's funny how Chess Supersite can have all of this money for the players that go on the site but can't pay my $250 that they owe me since early November.
        Sincerely,
        WCM/WNM Yelizaveta Orlova

Comment

Perhaps penny stock as payment?

Pink sheet companies are fun to watch!

I hope this one is too ...my best wishes Sasha!

Comment

Thank you all for best wishes! Lets have fun! All information is publicly available and obviously I'm not at liberty to disclose anything beyond that. Thank you for understanding!

Comment

truly a remarkable coincidence

Originally posted by Yelizaveta Orlova View Post
              It's funny how Chess Supersite can have all of this money for the players that go on the site but can't pay my $250 that they owe me since early November.
              It's truly remarkable that Chess Supersite, hosted by "Emperor" Garry Kasparov, has started up just days after Premium Chess (sponsored by the Chess Federation of Canada) also started up. See the CFC Discussion Board for more on the latter.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

In any case, what an embarrassment of chess riches! Where should I spend my discretionary chess dollars? So hard to decide...
              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: truly a remarkable coincidence

"Where should I spend my discretionary chess dollars?"

Well, obviously not with Chess Supersite - everything is FREE, plus a possibility to earn a few dollars without any risk!

Comment

Re: truly a remarkable coincidence

The website looks like an Angelfire page from 1997.

Comment

I noticed this at the link that Gordon provided... I know this is a pre-startup but *if* I had my money in there I would be concerned...
                    I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Best of luck.

Company Financials

Revenue --
                    Net Income -$431,729
                    Total Assets $2,223
                    Total Liabilities $712,504
                    Stockholders' Equity -$710,281

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/c...#ixzz43k4hDwQI
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
                      (Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/c...#ixzz43gKllpTq)

I note that you and Shinderman replaced the previous executives in May 2014 at River Run and propose to pay yourselves each $100K per annum. Apart from that and a few glossy pro formas and filings showing negative net worth of over $700K, it is not clear to me just what makes this a serious undertaking although Kasparov's involvement (no doubt at a price) clearly helps give visibility. The launch certainly has the potential to be a very significant event.
                      You mean there's no revenue model?? I'm shocked.

BTW, I would hope posters on this subject clearly state their involvement, if any, with the project.
                      I have no involvement with this project.

Where's a 10-foot pole when you need one?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                        You mean there's no revenue model?? I'm shocked.

I have no involvement with this project.

Where's a 10-foot pole when you need one?

Steve
                        On the other hand, we are looking for volunteers to act as administrators for Premium Chess Canada. We are not looking for investors or selling shares and are not listed on any exchange but we think we can look forward to some exciting things as the service launches.

Comment

Re : Re: truly a remarkable coincidence

Originally posted by Joel Stainer View Post
                          The website looks like an Angelfire page from 1997.
                          I had exactly the same thought...

Comment

Re: Re : Re: truly a remarkable coincidence

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                            I had exactly the same thought...
                            You guys are saying that like it's a BAD thing.

Maybe they will take that as a compliment. Apparently, AngelFire is still in business.

So if you do mean it as a bad thing, maybe you can point to exactly what is so bad about it?

Since I'm posting here, as per Gordon Ritchie's request: I'm not involved in the project in any way.
                            Only the rushing is heard...
                            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: truly a remarkable coincidence

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                              You guys are saying that like it's a BAD thing.

Maybe they will take that as a compliment. Apparently, AngelFire is still in business.

So if you do mean it as a bad thing, maybe you can point to exactly what is so bad about it?

Since I'm posting here, as per Gordon Ritchie's request: I'm not involved in the project in any way.
                              I think the keyword was 1997 rather than Angelfire.

The problem is that when launching a website of this sort, the visual aspect is primordial. If so little care was given to the front end (look) of the website, one can wonder about how the back end was designed or how serious the whole venture is. I am not saying that this is necessarily the case, just that it sends the wrong message to potential players.

Comment

Working...
                              X