Trump vs. Clinton: Godwin's Law Has Already Been Fulfilled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump vs. Clinton: Godwin's Law Has Already Been Fulfilled!

It didn't take long for the Trump vs. Clinton U.S. political debate -- still in its infancy -- to bring about a fulfillment of Godwin's Law.

In the past few days, Trump has been blasting a judge who is involved in the Trump University legal dispute. Apparently, the judge must be a hater of Trump because the judge, who was born and raised in Indiana, is nevertheless of Mexican heritage "and proud of it" (Trump's words).

Clinton quickly responded thusly: "Donald Trump is apparently of German heritage. What does that mean? We're all Americans."

Touche, Clinton! The implication is clear: if Mexican heritage can cause hatred of Trump, German heritage can bring Nazism into American politics.

It's going to be a long, hot summer in the U.S. of A......
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Re: Trump vs. Clinton: Godwin's Law Has Already Been Fulfilled!

Now we have the Brexit vote, which went in favor of Britain leaving the EU. And since this was not the result Obama (and Hillary Clinton) wanted, naturally the Donald had to come out praising the result. He basically says it is a great result because Britain wants their country back.

Well, Donald, maybe Texas wants their state back. So if in 2017 Texas votes to secede from the Union, are you going to praise Texans and let them secede?

(Oooooh, and then there would be the messy question of who pays for Texas' portion of the Trump Wall! Since Mexico won't be paying, lol!)

I'm surprised Democratic campaign strategists aren't jumping on this point. When Trump engages in knee-jerk proclamations like the dufus he is, stuff it right back in his face!
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Is that all you got???

Let's start by talking about the approval ratings of how Washington gets business done. I don't care who's controlling the house or congress. Historically, approval ratings are just as bleak! 13%, 17%, 9% ... seriously wrong way to serve the people!

The Donald didn't create the frustration millions and millions of folks are now dealing with day-in day-out ... that has been boiling up for at least a decade.

Jump on where and how the frustration comes from!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
        Is that all you got???

Let's start by talking about the approval ratings of how Washington gets business done. I don't care who's controlling the house or congress. Historically, approval ratings are just as bleak! 13%, 17%, 9% ... seriously wrong way to serve the people!

The Donald didn't create the frustration millions and millions of folks are now dealing with day-in day-out ... that has been boiling up for at least a decade.

Jump on where and how the frustration comes from!!!

Hmmm.... you DO know that the POTUS has absolutely no influence on how Congress does its business, don't you? Are you actually claiming that Trump has promised to or is going to change how Congress operates?

Jumping on where and how the frustration comes from doesn't lead to Trump... nor to Clinton nor to Sanders. None of these people are going to change how Washington operates. Not even Ted Cruz, who constantly promised to do just that.

But Trump has succeeded in misleading people to think he, and he alone, can change everything. His remarks about 'stupid politicians' resonate, just as he calculated it would. Although I referred to Trump as a dufus, he does have smarts in one area: human psychology. I've likened Vlad Drkulec to him in other posts, because both of them are expert in how to manipulate people's thinking and people's emotions without them even knowing they are being manipulated.

But not everyone can be so easily manipulated.

Trump is already well on his way to becoming the 'stupid politician' he derides. Just today he is walking back his promise to stop immigration of all Muslims. Now it's all Muslims from nations who are known to harbor terrorists. Next month it will be something else.

Imagine, Neil, if that promise to stop immigration of all Muslims was the single promise you used in deciding to support Trump -- i.e., that you admired him for his toughness on that particular issue above everything else. Well, now what would you be left with? His toughness is already disappearing. He's becoming another Washington politician.

Your idealism is admirable, Neil, but you have some learning to do about how the world operates and will continue to operate. No revolution is forthcoming -- only repercussions.

As further proof of that, I again point to the Brexit. Guess what they are talking about today, only 1 day after the great vote where Britons said let's leave the EU? They're talking about negotiations to "a better deal for Britain in the EU" followed by a second referendum! You see, the people NEVER get what they want. The politicians ALWAYS take over and give the people what they, the politicians, think is best. You may think Trump will be different, but you will be proven wrong if he should win.
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Thanks!

Mark Cuban's comment on Trump was enlightening:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...are-irrelevant

But wow, this endorsement by Caitlyn Jenner is something else altogether:

http://mashable.com/2016/06/29/caitl.../#DM7KBK2Xjsqf

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
            Now we have the Brexit vote, which went in favor of Britain leaving the EU. And since this was not the result Obama (and Hillary Clinton) wanted, naturally the Donald had to come out praising the result. He basically says it is a great result because Britain wants their country back.

Well, Donald, maybe Texas wants their state back. So if in 2017 Texas votes to secede from the Union, are you going to praise Texans and let them secede?

(Oooooh, and then there would be the messy question of who pays for Texas' portion of the Trump Wall! Since Mexico won't be paying, lol!)

I'm surprised Democratic campaign strategists aren't jumping on this point. When Trump engages in knee-jerk proclamations like the dufus he is, stuff it right back in his face!

In response to what happened today in Nice, France (truck running over people, driver shooting others), the Trumpster has tweeted a new policy just days before his party's national convention:

"All foreign born truck drivers to be deported from U.S. on my first day in office, and no admittance of foreign born truck drivers until we can figure out what the hell is going on. Oh, and foreign born car drivers: you're next."

In a separate tweet, he commented that the wall with Mexico just got 10 feet taller. It's now slated to be about 5,000 feet high.

In response, the Clinton campaign has released a new ad showing video of the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, and how this was praised the world over. The audio portion mentions that East Germany was very backward economically to West Germany when the wall fell, and yet today Germany is by far the strongest economy in all of Europe.
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
              In response to what happened today in Nice, France (truck running over people, driver shooting others), the Trumpster has tweeted a new policy just days before his party's national convention:

"All foreign born truck drivers to be deported from U.S. on my first day in office, and no admittance of foreign born truck drivers until we can figure out what the hell is going on. Oh, and foreign born car drivers: you're next."

In a separate tweet, he commented that the wall with Mexico just got 10 feet taller. It's now slated to be about 5,000 feet high.

In response, the Clinton campaign has released a new ad showing video of the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, and how this was praised the world over. The audio portion mentions that East Germany was very backward economically to West Germany when the wall fell, and yet today Germany is by far the strongest economy in all of Europe.
              You're eh... having a conversation with yourself there...

I don't know if you're aware or not, but nevertheless... quite a fascinating read.

Comment

Latest greatest on Crooked Hillary:

On July 5, FBI Director James Comey said a “very small number” of emails sent and received by Clinton over her private server “bore markings indicating the presence of classified information.” That contradicts Clinton’s earlier statements, including during congressional testimony, that she “never received nor sent any material that was marked classified.”

Clinton also previously said that she turned over all of her work-related emails to the State Department. But Comey said that was not true, either. Instead, Clinton’s lawyers used various search terms to identify work-related emails. As a result, Comey said that it is “highly likely” the lawyers missed some work-related emails that the FBI later found.
                http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/vid...sified-emails/

And now ... Crooked Hillary Pokemon:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...on-pokemon-go/

Comment

Latest greatest on Crooked Hillary:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/vid...sified-emails/

And now ... Crooked Hillary Pokemon:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...on-pokemon-go/

One thing in Hillary's favor is that she admits having the private email server was a mistake. So far I can't recall the Trumpster ever admitting to a mistake.

Meanwhile, Neil, you sound like so many of those guests on Fox News. Truly fascinating to see how history does repeat itself, humans of a new generation just can't learn from the past.

On the video being endlessly replayed from today's attack in France, there's one that has been shown more than all the others. It shows a man in a blue shirt running for his life, with a smartphone held to his ear as he runs. That is the image of this generation, and I can just see those T-shirts updated for it.... showing our evolution from amoeba to fish to apes to humans... and culminating in a person running, dodging bullets, with a smartphone held to his ear. Or maybe held at waist level and he's texting! :D

Well, I think these attacks are helping, indeed heralding, the election of Donald Trump and everything that entails. I will be glad to be proven wrong, but I am now convinced of a Trump victory in November.

We are witnessing in ultra-slow-motion the complete downfall of modern civilization -- the karmic cycle that cannot be stopped. Not even smartphones can save us, and both Donald Trump and ISIS are completely logical elements in the dance of destruction.

Interestingly, I was thinking tonight about the lyrics of a Judas Priest song from a few decades ago, "Breaking the Law". Tell me if these lyrics don't seem to precisely predict the attraction of ISIS to even some non-Muslim citizens of western democracies:

"There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
                  all inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
                  feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
                  so I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Breaking the law, breaking the law

So much for the golden future, I can't even start
                  I've had every promise broken, there's anger in my heart
                  you don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue
                  if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too

Breaking the law, breaking the law..."

etc. etc.
                  In that second verse, the "you" in "you don't know..." is who else but the 1% that is running the show in America. There you go, Bernie Sanders.

But keep telling yourselves it's ok.... the stock markets are hitting new records..... Trump will build the wall, not only along Mexican border, but completely encircling the entire U.S. mainland. Trump will make the U.N. pay for it.

Lull yourselves to sleep..... "great again"..... "great again"..... "great again".....
                  Last edited by Paul Bonham; Friday, 15th July, 2016, 02:56 AM.
                  Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Just saw the headline today that the Republican National Committee (RNC) has asked the Ohio Governor if he can temporarily suspend Ohio's Open Carry gun laws for the duration of the Cleveland convention.

These are the worst kind of hypocrites. "We will die for the Second Amendment and your right to bear arms! Long live the NRA!" they proclaim when they are safe in the halls of Congress. But let them have to get up on a stage in front of, or mingle among, people who are actually carrying guns openly and.... "Oh, please Mr. Governor, don't let those bad people bring guns in! I'm scared!"

Donald Trump himself has been saying that the mass shootings in Paris and Belgium and San Bernadino would have been much different if everyone were allowed to carry guns, and that he himself is packing wherever the laws allow it.

What an incredible scene it would be if, in fact, Trump and his family and supporters had to shoot their way offstage should someone decide to go down in a 'blaze of glory' at the Cleveland convention. That is certainly not something to wish for, so I guess we should settle for the embarrassment they are hopefully suffering with this story.

Republicans say the FBI created a double standard by not prosecuting Hillary for her email faux-pas, and here they are creating a disgraceful double standard for gun laws, in a direct contradiction of what Trump has been saying in public. In their case, it's not a faux-pas, it's a wave of fear that they may have to suffer the same consequences of their own views as people in the real world do.

EDIT POST -- Must have been somebody's idea of a joke. It turns out it is a Cleveland police union asking for the suspension, and the Ohio Governor turned them down. I saw it last night, not sure which channel or network, scrolling across the bottom of the screen, and I'm very certain it said the RNC had asked for it. I should have known that would be too incredible to be real. They'd never live that down..... (perhaps literally!)
                    Last edited by Paul Bonham; Monday, 18th July, 2016, 11:30 AM. Reason: correction to news story
                    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

That is funny - Trump & family having to shoot their way off stage. The Republicans should take their cue from Archie Bunker and pass out guns at the entrances to the convention hall. I wonder if the news orgs will arm their on site people? :) or :( ??
                      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                        That is funny - Trump & family having to shoot their way off stage. The Republicans should take their cue from Archie Bunker and pass out guns at the entrances to the convention hall. I wonder if the news orgs will arm their on site people? :) or :( ??

The scenario is funny, in a macabre sort of way. But I edited the post to correct the news story: turns out it was a local police union asking for the suspension. I don't know which channel I saw the item on (scrolling across screen bottom), but I have to think somebody decided to make a big joke out of it.

Imagine the political hay Trump could earn if he were up on stage, someone pulled a gun, and Trump does the same and fires 5 or 6 shots, in which only 1 shot hits anything, shooting the gun out of the hand of the attacker.... and then as the attacker is down on the floor, his gun just inches away, Trump goes into the famous Clint Eastwood line....

"I know what you're thinking....there's only 6 bullets in the chamber.... did he fire 5 shots or 6? .........in all the confusion, I lost count myself..... well..... you feeling lucky..... PUNK?"

Even funnier if the "punk" was Chris Christie, mad with anger over being passed over for VP!!! Or Ted Cruz, out for ultimate revenge!!!!
                        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

I don't know which channel I saw the item on...
                          CNN

Clinton News Network

Comment

CNN

Clinton News Network

Ahhh, that was it!

They didn't want to pre-empt the show they had running: "America's Funniest Home Emails".

I loved the one that had information marked Top Secret that disclosed the 'shows' Trump watches on Sundays to get his world news updates. Yeah, turns out to be reruns of Gilligan's Island, where they listen in on their radio.....
                            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

OMG, it's too funny!

Tonight Trump's wife Melania gave a speech at the convention.... somebody commented that it sounded a lot like Michelle Obama's speech at the 2008 Democratic convention.... and when someone checked.... many sections are word-for-word identical!

This is already being called a PR disaster, and the word 'plagiarism' is being used. Tomorrow, someone will be hearing Donald Trump say "You're fired!"

What a hoot! Shows that the Donald can't control everything as he likes to think.
                              Last edited by Paul Bonham; Tuesday, 19th July, 2016, 01:12 AM. Reason: 2008
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
                              X