Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the FQE CFC deal still on?

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    The last I heard, (from someone close to the FQE) is that the FQE made an offer for the renewal of the contract but the CFC never responded. I know nothing.
    Seriously, if true, this is embarassing enough that the FQE should just cut the cord on that.

-Hello guys, we want to give you 8000$ a year for the next 3 years, do you agree?... Guys? ... Anyone there? ... Hello?

Comment

Re: Is the FQE CFC deal still on?

I believe that Bob and Richard have been talking as recently as this week about the agreement. I will be talking to Bernard this Friday morning. I believe that both the CFC and FQE understand that the agreement is continuing through 2016 on the basis of the email submitted by the FQE and discussed at a recent voting members meeting. We still have to determine exactly which services will be supplied to fulfill the FQE side of the agreement but this is not likely to be a difficult problem as there are many things the CFC could use help with.

For those who ask what the FQE member gets out of the deal, I suppose the biggest benefit is that you don't have to buy a separate CFC membership in order to play in FIDE tournaments or CFC tournaments for that matter. CFC members get to play in FQE tournaments without joining the FQE. There is also the matter of treating FQE members equally to CFC members in consideration of official player spots at tournaments and also giving the FQE a spot on the Olympiad selection committee.

Comment

Working...
      X