Live games from the 9th Calgary International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live games from the 9th Calgary International

You can watch the action live on the tournament website. The top 3 boards are being broadcasted. Round 1 has begun. Enjoy!

http://www.calgary-international.com/Live_Games.html

Re: Live games from the 9th Calgary International

Glad to see the Bodek-Mikhalevski game recorded as a win for White. Last night it was scored as a draw after 48 f3 when Black would lose his remaining piece, the knight, and White would be a full rook up.
    This leaves Razvan in sole lead with a 3-0 score ! All the way, Razvan, roll 'em up! :D

Comment

5 GM's and a Canadian is leading the tournament! Congratulations Razvan!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        What's the live amount of FIDE points needed? Does he need to be 2500 after a tournament or at a published rating date?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
          What's the live amount of FIDE points needed? Does he need to be 2500 after a tournament or at a published rating date?
          FYI from FIDE handbook

1.5 Requirements for Award of the Title, having achieved Norms
          1.51 Two or more norms in tournaments covering at least 27 games.
          1.52 If a norm is sufficient for more than one title, then it may be used as part of the application for both.
          1.53 To have achieved at some time or other a rating as follows:
          GM≥2500
          IM≥2400
          WGM ≥2300
          WIM≥2200
          1.53a Such a rating need not be published. It can be obtained in the middle of a rating period, or even in the middle of a tournament. The player may then disregard subsequent results for the purpose of their title application. However, the burden of proof then rests with the federation of the title applicant. It is recommended that players receive a certificate from the Chief Arbiter where they achieve the rating level during a tournament. Such a certificate should include a note of the date each game was played. Title applications based on unpublished ratings shall only be accepted by FIDE after agreement with the Rating Administrator and the QC. Ratings in the middle of a period can be confirmed only after all tournaments for that period have been received and rated by FIDE.

Comment

I would like to thank Tony Ficzere for doing the website and uploading the PGN file of all the tournament games.
            You can see them at: http://calgary-international.com/pgn.html

Tonight we will have round 4 and there will be some interesting pairings, I especially like board 7 where a local junior Brian Timmerman (1524) will take on GM Lazaro Bruzon (2643)! It was quite a surprising pairing to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
              Hi Hans,
              If you check the X-table after round 3 >>>>http://calgary-international.com/Standings.html
              you will see that there are not Razvan and five GM's leading the tournament.
              In my post #2 above, I said that Razvan was in sole lead. That was based on the incorrectly posted draw for the Bodek-Mikhalevsky game which would have left Razvan alone with a 3-0 score. When I got up this morning, that result was corrected to a win for Bodek who was also left with a perfect score. The two leaders will play tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                Hi Hans,
                If you check the X-table after round 3 >>>>http://calgary-international.com/Standings.html
                you will see that there are not Razvan and five GM's leading the tournament.
                In my post #2 above, I said that Razvan was in sole lead. That was based on the incorrectly posted draw for the Bodek-Mikhalevsky game which would have left Razvan alone with a 3-0 score. When I got up this morning, that result was corrected to a win for Bodek who was also left with a perfect score. The two leaders will play tonight.
                Yes, my apologies, I think that I accidentally put the kings in the wrong position when recording the DGT result and didn't notice it until about an hour later.

Comment

Round 4 action happening now.

Comment

Some pictures from the event:

http://calgary-international.com/media.html

Comment

Round 6 should be interesting. Razvan has black against Gata on the top board. Watch round 6 action live!

Comment

I guess I was unclear in my previous post. What I meant to say is: with 5 GM's in the field Razvan is leading (and I did overlook FM Bodek's score). Nice to see that Razvan is still tied for the lead, having drawn GM Kamsky, and is playing one of my favorite players GM Kayden Troff this round. Congratulations and Good Luck Razvan! Should be an interesting game.

Comment

Kudos to the organizers for inviting the legendary GM Gata Kamsky, one of the world's foremost chess artists, whose games are always interesting to watch and play over!

Comment

It looks like Calgary junior, Diwen Shi now earned an FM title as he seemed to have gained 172 points in July!

Comment

The PGN file is missing the board 1 game from round 8 - a draw between Troff and Popilski. Is there any chance of getting it?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X