Best chess tournament of 2016 to be a millionaire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best chess tournament of 2016 to be a millionaire.

Here is a biggest opportunity for all the chess players to be the world's best chess player and also a millionaire. Register over Millionaire Chess to win the biggest open chess tournament worth $ 1 Million in prizes. Millionaire Chess offers the high stake open chess tournament for every chess player in the world.

Re: Best chess tournament of 2016 to be a millionaire.

No $1 million this year. There are $510k in prizes with 60% guaranteed based on 1800 entries.

https://millionairechess.com/mc3-prize-fund

As of today (Sept. 27) there are 362 entries.

https://millionairechess.com/mc3-list-participants

Entry fees range fro $549 to $649. Do the math and you can see this event not happening again.

Comment

This event, like several others, was overly optimistic to achieve their goal in one shot. I recall other first time organizers in the GTA who did some math and offered a First Prize of $X,xxx based on Nnn entries @ a $Yxx entry fee. But then the chess players did NOT believe and so the tournament was withdrawn.
      The way to achieve the huge prize fund with a large field of entries, is to work up to it over the years, such as Bill Goichberg has done with the World Open and other CCCA tournaments. He has made a profit on his tournament over the past 50 years (?) and is able to guarantee prize funds in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. He has the money AND he has the credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        This event, like several others, was overly optimistic to achieve their goal in one shot. I recall other first time organizers in the GTA who did some math and offered a First Prize of $X,xxx based on Nnn entries @ a $Yxx entry fee. But then the chess players did NOT believe and so the tournament was withdrawn.
        The way to achieve the huge prize fund with a large field of entries, is to work up to it over the years, such as Bill Goichberg has done with the World Open and other CCCA tournaments. He has made a profit on his tournament over the past 50 years (?) and is able to guarantee prize funds in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. He has the money AND he has the credibility.
        Time to compete and follow the lead and create the CANADIAN Version of that association. Not very difficult to understand the secret formula of the success?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Biong View Post
          Time to compete and follow the lead and create the CANADIAN Version of that association. Not very difficult to understand the secret formula of the success?!
          The question is " WHO is going to lead and create the CANADIAN version of the association ? " If one is willing to create one, will the other organizers willing to subscribe to the association ?

Right now, all the organizers are using their own way of attracting the players to their tournament.

It will be nice to have something like CCA in Canada. This way, I am pretty sure the attendants at the tournament will be higher.

I may be wrong though :)
          Last edited by Gary Hua; Tuesday, 27th September, 2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
            The question is " WHO is going to lead and create the CANADIAN version of the association ? " If one is willing to create one, will the other organizers willing to subscribe to the association ?

Right now, all the organizers are using their own way of attracting the players to their tournament.

It will be nice to have something like CCA in Canada. This way, I am pretty sure the attendants at the tournament will be higher.

I may be wrong though :)
            Someone with a passion to chess?! Someone with ???berg maybe like Bill Goichberg? Perhaps Sid Belzberg!

Comment

Canada's population couldn't support a group like CCA. They have events almost every weekend (sometimes 2 or 3 on the same weekend); 75% of them are in the northeast US. Of course, the CCA could be approached about organizing events in Canada, but it's unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                Canada's population couldn't support a group like CCA. They have events almost every weekend (sometimes 2 or 3 on the same weekend); 75% of them are in the northeast US. Of course, the CCA could be approached about organizing events in Canada, but it's unlikely.
                So I guess, we have to wait until our population grows to US's population before we start it ??

I think the key word is to grow the numbers gradually.....

Something to think about ....How and why is CMA ( Chess n Math ) is able to attract hundreds of kids joining their monthly tournament t and the prizes are just trophies and medals ? At times, there are 200-300 players playing in the Grand Prix and 400-500 players playing at the annual Ontario Chess Challenge ? I am referring to monthly tournaments in Toronto by Francis R. Is this not a good crowd that can also play in the adult tournaments ? We have sections like U-1000 for the kids and most of the time, kids just play for rating not for any $$$

Comment

Who said that it had to be as many tournaments as those run by CCA? All we need is for the existing tournaments such as the Quebec Open work on increasing the prize pool as well as the participation every year. Toronto could have a major tournament annually but someone would have to guarantee at least a First Prize of $5,000 in order to draw players from afar. And then there is the ever increasing cost of a playing hall.

Comment

Bill Goichberg was certainly an inspiration for me when organizing the CO/CYCC/NAYCC. I figured all I had to do was approximately 2% of what he was doing on a regular basis for a month and a half.

Comment

Goichberg has zero sponsorship - everything has to come out of the entry fees. Tournaments like the Quebec Open often have sponsors adding more money (not always added to the prize fund; often to pay for GM's or a better site). Even GM's pay in Goichberg events - and you have to supply your own board, set, and clock.

Comment

Working...
                      X