The most epic chess game ever ...of ALL TIME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most epic chess game ever ...of ALL TIME!

Keven Eyre and me have begun the most epic chess game EVER ...of ALL TIME ...in like FOREVER!

Why?, you might ask, is a chess game (a correspondence at that) between two 1400's EPIC? Well, because each move is illustrated ...that's why. BTW, in case you didn't know Keven is a crazy talented artist! Me, I'm a hack with a Sharpie and a attitude problem.

So ya, here's the first moves replete with "annotations" :

Neil Frarey vs Keven Eyre

1.e4

Of 1.e4 First Player writes:

1.e4 is the soul of chess! This pawn leaves behind its King and takes center board demanding all to challenge. Star under its right eye, upside down star under its left eye and more than half a dozen other assertions throughout its being (including french word ROI as sinew between 2nd and 3rd vertebrae) this pawn represents the battle within us all. To challenge 1.e4 is to challenge yourself.

http://www.societyofchessaficionados...Game1_1.e4.jpg

1...e5

Of 1...e5 Second Player writes:

The grit and blood-gumption of 1...e5 is a direct philosophical challenge to 1.e4. It is a virtuous move. Unlike, say 1...c5 where black attempts to usurp white's initiative, and ultimately to occupy the moral palace whence came the first player, 1...e5 accepts white's slight advantage at the start of the game, and seeks to defeat him at a more fundamental level. The 1...e5 pictured here has witnessed hundreds of millions of battles and he is not afraid of death.

http://www.societyofchessaficionados...me1_1...e5.jpg

BTW, if anyone wants a t-shirt of any move illustrations we are willing to pass on any profits to CMA. We offered the whole deal to L.B. but to his credit Larry thought Keven's illustrations are great but my illustrations are a bit on the dark side.

Agreed.

Wait until you see my next move ...yep!

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Wednesday, 28th September, 2016, 02:20 AM.
Working...
X