X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 World Championship in New York City

I just found this site which is selling tickets for the event:

http://www.ticketfly.com/venue/24715...treet-seaport/

The Chess`n Math Association (CMA) will organize a bus from Toronto and one from Montreal leaving on Saturday morning on Saturday Nov 19 and coming back on Monday Nov 21 after the round. We would be there for the 7th and 8th round. CMA would subsidize a major part of the transportation costs. I will put together a package over the weekend and post the details here. Space will be limited to 50 people per city.

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Re: 2016 World Championship in New York City

The bus will leave Chess'n Math, 701 Mt Pleasant Rd at 7am on Saturday November 2016. The cost of the bus is $60 (covers both going and return). Add 3% if you pay with a credit card. Everyone is responsable for booking their own match tickets, lodging etc. We have 50 places. You can pay for your place on the bus at Chess'n Math. Sometime this week we will make it possible to book on-line as well.

Comment

What is the return date and time?

I found the answer in the original post.

Comment

Any recommendations for lodging?

Comment

It's convention season in Manhattan, and a cheap hotel is $200 a night. Expect to pay over $300 for a brand name hotel. I have often stayed at the Park Central (7th Ave and 57th St - just south of Central Park). Its rate is $240 (that's about $50 above the rates in the spring). A 5-minute walk from the Columbus Circle subway station, and a 10 minute ride on the 2 or 3 express (20 minutes if it's a local). The site would be 5-10 minutes walk from the Fulton St. station.

Comment

Thanks, Hugh!

Comment

Hi Dilip,

If you go to Trivago.com you can find some reasonable hotels for less. Here is an example that I found this morning:

Mayfair New York 3.0 out of 5.0 Broadway - Times Square Map Toggle map for Mayfair New York and vicinity
              3.4 out of 5 (2708 reviews)
              1-866-520-5813 • Expedia Rate More hotel information for Mayfair New York Free Cancellation
              Price information for Mayfair New York
              Price is now: C$143
              Price is avg/night
              This is a smoke test workaround
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              I would suggest reserving as soon as possible. Be willing to pay a little more for a refundable reservation.

Larry

Comment

Enjoy your fun bus ride, Larry! I may just make the 9 hr. drive from Saint John directly...

Comment

We have a special World championship return trip package offer from
                  a charter bus company through a national chess player, as follows

TORONTO -NEW YORK Return: Nov. 19-21, 2016: $320 all inclusive (double).
                  This includes return transportation Toronto-New York, 2 nights accommodation
                  (bed & breakfast), daily transportation to and from the World Championship
                  venue in Manhattan. Single room supplement available. All gratuities incl.

Since departure is exactly a month from today, we need to fill the bus asap.
                  Reservations fill up quickly. Plan now and book early. Contact us at the foll.:
                  tel.: 416-488-5506; 416-486-3395; email: toronto@strategygames.ca;

Francis Rodrigues, LLB - Regional Director
                  Strategy Games & The Chess'n Math Association
                  tel: 416-488-5506; 416-486-3395; 647-232-6014 (cell)
                  701 Mt. Pleasant Road, Toronto, ON, M4S 2N4
                  fax: 416-486-4637; website: www.chess-math.org

Comment

Working...
                  X