2017 1st qtr - Chess tournaments in GTA area - Regular rated tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 1st qtr - Chess tournaments in GTA area - Regular rated tournaments

CFC website doesn't have any information on the above. As i understand from tradition, there should be the followings coming up :

1. Guelph Pro-Am - Jan ? - No website
    2. Hart house Toronto - Feb 18-20, 2017
    3. Kitchener - Mar ?
    4. Aurora - April 1-2, 2017

Looks better now with some updates. Jan - early April. Still missing Guelph and Kitchener

Where can we find if there are any other tournaments in this area ? We have already lost tournaments organized by Brian Lamb so hopefully there will not be any further drop outs by any other organizers.....that will be a disaster for chess in this region

As a parent and player, I would like to be able to know ahead of the tournaments ahead for planning purpose. Can we expect the chess organizers to submit their dates to Bob Gillanders ( at least on a quarterly basis ) and for him to update in the CFC websites ?

I think organizers expect the players to sign up early but they have to do their part as well which is to plan early and advertise early as well for everyone to know early. We can't be in the dark until the last 1-2 months when we see a tournament crops up in chess talk and then the organizers expect a good turnout.

It will be absolutely great/fantastic if we could have a year schedule ahead. That way, parents can pick and choose which tournament that their kids can play and skip those that they can't play.

2017 is coming up in 2 months time and hopefully we can have a nice change in this chess tournament schedule.

Thanks
    Last edited by Gary Hua; Saturday, 29th October, 2016, 01:34 PM.

Re: 2017 1st qtr - Chess tournaments in GTA area - Regular rated tournaments

I usually play in a spring tournament in Ontario and I need to plan ahead of time.
    Check out the 2017 BC chess schedule, already confirmed up to June. http://www.chess.bc.ca/
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Aurora 2017 tournament dates are as follows...
      April 1 & 2
      July 29 & 30
      Oct 14 & 15

www.aucc.club will be updated with details soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
        I usually play in a spring tournament in Ontario and I need to plan ahead of time.
        Check out the 2017 BC chess schedule, already confirmed up to June. http://www.chess.bc.ca/
        I always like to plan ahead as well. Good to see the schedule in one website ( all lined up but not in sequence by date : ( ). I hope Ontario has a similar one. :)
        Last edited by Gary Hua; Saturday, 29th October, 2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Prost View Post
          Aurora 2017 tournament dates are as follows...
          April 1 & 2
          July 29 & 30
          Oct 14 & 15

www.aucc.club will be updated with details soon.
          Good to know that Aurora has changed the Mar tournament to early April. Always well organized and will definitely attend.

Thanks Bernie

Comment

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting this.
            I posted a while back before but our dates for Hart House are:
            Holidays Open - December 16-18 2016
            Reading Week Open - February 18-20 2017
            I will make independent post about Holidays Open in the next 24 hours.

Alex F.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
              Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting this.
              I posted a while back before but our dates for Hart House are:
              Holidays Open - December 16-18 2016
              Reading Week Open - February 18-20 2017
              I will make independent post about Holidays Open in the next 24 hours.

Alex F.
              Thanks Alex. I will send you the registrations soon for Dec tournament. It's about a month and a half from now

Comment

We have been booking the Legion as far in advance as they will let us, even then there are some weekends not available. April 1 & 2 made sense for us, also wanted to avoid March break,.. btw CFC hasn't yet posted all tournaments for 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Prost View Post
                  We have been booking the Legion as far in advance as they will let us, even then there are some weekends not available. April 1 & 2 made sense for us, also wanted to avoid March break,.. btw CFC hasn't yet posted all tournaments for 2017
                  Hi Bernie,

Did you inform Bob Gillanders of your tournament schedule for year 2017 ? Anyway, I will write to him to include your tournaments and Hart House in the CFc website as soon as possible.

Thanks

Comment

Will Holidays Open be 5 or 6 rounds? Will there be a late round on Friday?

Comment

Working...
                    X