Open Q&A with me for the next hour! Any subject ... make the CFC great again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Q&A with me for the next hour! Any subject ... make the CFC great again?

Got a question?

Hopefully I'll have an answer!

peace.
    n.

Re: Open Q&A with me for the next hour! Any subject ... make the CFC great again?

Extending Q&A for the next couple of hours!

peace.
    n.

Comment

Re: Open Q&A with me for the next hour! Any subject ... make the CFC great again?

!) Do you mean you personally?

2) I don't see you any more at the club, bar, or weekend events. Why not?

Comment

I am new to Canada and to this site, so I would appreciate explanation about relationship between CFC & FQE.

I don't understand why tournaments played in Quebec are not CFC rated.
        They usually have CFC or FQE membership requirement to be able to play yet only players in top section get CFC rating.
        I can't imagine Penny Oleksiak or anyone else swimming new Canadian record in Montreal and not having it recorded and recognized because event was held in Quebec.
        I think that all chess players should be treated equally and like any other athletes. CFC should support its members and recognize their ratings regardless in which province they play tournament.

Thank you,
        Alex

Comment

I think Tom O'Donnell has the answer when his signature states (yes, Paul, this is a direct quote):

Most problems can be solved with a time machine and a condom.

Comment

Alex wrote:

I don't understand why tournaments played in Quebec are not CFC rated.
            If you live in Quebec, you must be an FQE member (you can be a CFC member as well), and all your tournaments are FQE-rated. However - some Quebec tournaments are CFC (and some FIDE) rated as well, and Quebec players will have their games CFC-rated without being a CFC member. Your FQE membership should/will be treated like a CFC membership outside Quebec. Likewise - if you live outside Quebec - your CFC membership should/will be treated as equal to an FQE membership. Quebec players can request to the CFC that their games from a Quebec event be CFC-rated (if requested in advance).

This was all in the last CFC-FQE agreement (which has expired, and I don't think has been renewed).

Comment

Alex, I also would like to see FQE events submitted to the CFC for rating. I believe the reason that it is not happening is the cost. The CFC rating fee of $3 per player would have to be absorbed by the tournament's finances, likely through a small increase in entry fees. As a player I would be happy to pay this small fee to have my games CFC rated.
              At the next CFC Governors' Meeting I have a motion to allow individual players to request ahead of time to have their games at an FQE event rated by the CFC. Unfortunately, there will be a $25 fee involved as it is labour intensive for the office to manually do this for one player.
              Paul Leblanc
              Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Open Q&A with me for the next hour! Any subject ... make the CFC great again?

November 13, 2016

I am confused

The title post appeared on ChessTalk after 2 a.m. this morning. In the first hour there were more than 90 hits.

But no questions were asked or answered.

Later on, Hugh Brodie answered a question but not the originator of the thread.
                ________

On September 28th there was a posting entitled:

The most epic chess game ever ...of ALL TIME!

http://forum.chesstalk.com/showthrea...er-of-ALL-TIME!

It supposedly was the game Neil Frarey vs Keven Eyre but only two moves were given and T-shirts with the moves on them were promised but there were no more postings.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what is going on with these two posts. Is there anyone out there who can explain them to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                  Alex wrote:

If you live in Quebec, you must be an FQE member (you can be a CFC member as well), and all your tournaments are FQE-rated. However - some Quebec tournaments are CFC (and some FIDE) rated as well, and Quebec players will have their games CFC-rated without being a CFC member. Your FQE membership should/will be treated like a CFC membership outside Quebec. Likewise - if you live outside Quebec - your CFC membership should/will be treated as equal to an FQE membership. Quebec players can request to the CFC that their games from a Quebec event be CFC-rated (if requested in advance).

This was all in the last CFC-FQE agreement (which has expired, and I don't think has been renewed).
                  I am operating under the impression (based on conversations with Bernard Labadie, the President of the FQE) that it has been renewed at least until the end of 2016. They made an offer which was accepted by the Executive and discussed by the voting members. For a tournament to be FIDE rated it also has to be CFC rated. That is why top sections of FQE tournaments are usually CFC and FIDE rated. The CFC has more in common with the FQE than that differentiates us from them and we are hopeful that cooperation can continue.

Comment

Thank you all who took time to explain this. Paul, I hope your motion will be accepted and fee reduced if there is more than one player requesting game to be CFC rated.
                    Maybe you can have some kind of fee range like 1-5 players $25 each, 6-10 players $20 each, etc. Players would have to register and ask for CFC rating in advance and organizers would know how much to charge.

Alex

Comment

1) ... ok, maybe!

2) ... got smothered, sucked in, um ...controlled and manipulated by creativity. It all began with a simple freelance graphic I sent over to NAACP about the Jena 6ix*.

It shook some trees.

10 years after a healthy dose of global recognition (all under a pseudonym I have|use to this day which honors my famous uncle & mentor artist painter who's studio was just up the road from you in Watson's Corners who died of cancer in '98 ... my mother's twin, tears man tears) for my creativity including a global meme ...here I am. Still not completely out of its grasp yet, but I'm a lot 'freer' than I used to be now that I know how to control it. My voice is still weak tho bro. In chess terms I'm a GM not a super GM, but somewhere around 2600 FIDE. Still working on my game :D guess I always will be. I have a manager|agent and she is great! Much love to her! This summer is going to be really interesting ...if I'm brave enough to walk through yet another door. This door opens onto consumerism and societies passion to consume flesh ... animal flesh. With these gallery installations I use my creation of colored bacon (yes, I created colored bacon, or rather my pseudonym created colored, sorry foxnews ...et al!) to open up a visual discussion of where we are as a society who's needs are becoming evermore demanding and perverse.

Garlz, I can testify to this: creativity opens doors.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jena_Six
                      Last edited by Neil Frarey; Monday, 13th March, 2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Didn't he since change his sig?

Why, oh why?
                        Last edited by Neil Frarey; Monday, 13th March, 2017, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Is there anyone out there who can explain them to me?
                          Yes I can explain them to you.

They're epic simply because they're amazingly illustrated. And, with my next move 2.Bc4 I expect Black to tremble in fear ...illustration coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X