List of current CFC voting members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of current CFC voting members?

I am still waiting to see a current list of CFC voting members - the list on the CFC site is over two years old. I posted the same request on the CFC board - 20 views, but no response.

Re: List of current CFC voting members?

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    I am still waiting to see a current list of CFC voting members - the list on the CFC site is over two years old. I posted the same request on the CFC board - 20 views, but no response.
    You're not the only one who asked this question.

Comment

Actually this is something which should be readily available in the CFC website.

And for those who are really INACTIVE and not interested in helping CFC, why cant they just resign and relinquish their voting rights. " Conscience " This really bothers me

CFC really needs people who is wiling to volunteer and work for the good of CFC not just some people just to fill up the numbers. It's so shameful if you are one of them and still willing to be one of the voting members. I find it really wrong and disgusting.

Frankly speaking, if you are in a profit organization, you will be kick out soon ( as soon as possible ). Not contributing but be a voting member of CFC is just plain wrong. Not voting in decisions to be made is even worse. Why are you there in the first place ?

This gets me really mad.

Comment

I've written to the CFC secretary (Lyle Craver) to ask if he has a list, and can it be made public.

The CFC has a structural problem... the CFC is a federation, and the VMs are elected/appointed by the provincial associations. If the CFC wanted to remove an inactive VM, it would have to ask the province to remove him. Given that most provinces struggle to find people to fill positions, there isn't much enthusiasm for kicking people out.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
          I've written to the CFC secretary (Lyle Craver) to ask if he has a list, and can it be made public.

The CFC has a structural problem... the CFC is a federation, and the VMs are elected/appointed by the provincial associations. If the CFC wanted to remove an inactive VM, it would have to ask the province to remove him. Given that most provinces struggle to find people to fill positions, there isn't much enthusiasm for kicking people out.
          your statement about having to ask the provinces to remove an inactive VM is incorrect. The office of VM is purely a CFC office, the holders of which are elected by CFC members (some of whom might not even be members of the provincial association). The terms and conditions of that office are not set by the provincial associations nor in fact does the VM owe any allegiance to the provincial association or their concerns. Although the provincial association may have facilitated a meeting where by a VM was elected, they do not have any control over that VM, either the person, the responsibilities of the office, or anything else to do with the office. I'm not aware of any provisions in the CFC handbook (yes I know, not either up to date or even an official procedure of the CFC) that allow for removal other than elapsed membership but it would be up to the CFC to establish those proceedures.

Comment

Well, Roger, that's good news. So if the CFC ever decides to get serious about inactive VMs, it has the authority to act. I guess.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w

Comment

I'm not a VM anymore, though see my name on that list.

Comment

Anyone regardless of whom they are should be left for a term and then should re apply to be re-voted in after that term. If they are inactive then they should be booted out after their term is over. The CFC is too stupid to understand that dead weight generates dead ideas .
                  Last edited by John Brown; Friday, 16th December, 2016, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                    Well, Roger, that's good news. So if the CFC ever decides to get serious about inactive VMs, it has the authority to act. I guess.
                    well, probably the most substantive issue is that there are too damn many of them. There are more VM spots than there are people willing to be active. It is unfortunate that an attempt to reduce the number failed a few years back.

At one point while I was BCCF president, I was simply willing to let the spots go unfilled but alas some people stepped forward and were promptly inactive.

Comment

The names of the Currently Active Voting Members can be viewed at the CFC Forum - Voting Members Quarterly Online Meeting

Comment

Fred wrote:

The names of the Currently Active Voting Members can be viewed at the CFC Forum - Voting Members Quarterly Online Meeting
                        Under which thread? I can see who voted under " 6. "THE VOTING BOOTH" - results of voting" but it doesn't give me a list of all Voting Members. Also - 35 VM's signed in, but a maximum of 31 voted (or abstained) on any individual motion.

Comment

Fred wrote:

Under which thread? I can see who voted under " 6. "THE VOTING BOOTH" - results of voting" but it doesn't give me a list of all Voting Members. Also - 35 VM's signed in, but a maximum of 31 voted (or abstained) on any individual motion.

At present, there is no public listing of all Voting Members. That's the best I can offer.

Comment

At present, there is no public listing of all Voting Members.
                            No doubt an intentional inconvenience to those who want to pitch their platform directly to the Voting Members when running for an Executive position.

Comment

Please remove the three-year old list from the CFC site, unless its going to be updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X