Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CFC Newsletter

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Are you perhaps considering throwing your hat in the ring this year, along with that of NJF?
    Not a chance, the way I write (and spell), the newsletter would be even worse than it is now. I'm not sure which would be worse, a timely newsletter badly written, or the current version, which is apparently well written, but doesn't actually contain any news. I'm old fashioned... I think NEWS shoud actually be, you know, NEW.

Maybe we could rename the periodical to... the CFC OLDS-letter.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      Not a chance, the way I write (and spell), the newsletter would be even worse than it is now. I'm not sure which would be worse, a timely newsletter badly written, or the current version, which is apparently well written, but doesn't actually contain any news. I'm old fashioned... I think NEWS shoud actually be, you know, NEW.

and it's too long for a letter LOL

Comment

Oh, I must have read you wrong. I thought you were musing about becoming CFC prez. Although, as editoral policy goes I kind of recall liking Tony Ficzere's style in years past, for content, timing of issues (were there just 6 per year?), and contributors (range of ratings included lower rated, & older Canadian players [and older games used more often], along with up to date new stuff).
        Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Thursday, 23rd March, 2017, 05:09 PM. Reason: Grammar
        Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
        Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Each issue could contain instructions for folding a hard copy of the newsletter to make a hanging structure - then it could be the CFC OLDS-MOBILE. : l
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
            Oh, I must have read you wrong. I thought you were musing about becoming CFC prez. Although, as editoral policy goes I kind of recall liking Tony Ficzere's style in years past, for content, timing of issues (were there just 6 per year?), and contributors (range of ratings included lower rated, & older Canadian players [and older games used more often], along with up to date new stuff).
            I would certainly support a John Coleman run for CFC prez. I recall he replaced me as Windsor Chess Club President in the 1990's. I'm not sure I can get him to fall for it again.

Comment

Some things I can do:

Solve inflation? Yup
              Manage China? No problem
              Tame Donald Trump? Easy

Organise chess players? Sorry, I'm not that dumb. Besides, I'm retired.

Comment

Organise chess players? Sorry, I'm not that dumb.
                Your favorite darkness.

Comment

Working...
                X