Cascla: What I am intending in the short term; thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascla: What I am intending in the short term; thanks!

Cascla, a new term for Castling Classifications in chess, was launched yesterday on this platform.

Where I am going with it:
    1) I have identified and listed the 39 distinct Cascla categories. This seems to be a brand-new concept for chess.
    Drawing upon my work to date, I intend to present games of high quality and interest, played by Canadians, to cover each and every one of these 39 Casclas. Each individual Cascla example will be contained in a separate post, with its title indicating the Cascla and the game example cited. I am aiming to include at least one game by every noted Canadian player, but at this stage, I am missing a few top players. I have already done this work, and will present it here; again, nothing remotely like it has ever been seen in chess. Note that I have had difficulty in obtaining games by players of high standard for some Casclas, since there is NO WAY to efficiently search for these examples, but it must be done by a Brute Force method, taking a lot of time and effort. Thus, I will be using some of my own games to fill the gaps; I have classified more than 200 of my own games by Cascla so far. I am aiming to finish presenting examples of all 39 Casclas on this site by the end of 2016. I will be looking to other posters, in response, to provide additional high-quality example games!

2) I have done some significant work examining Cascla patterns pertaining to games data sets, such as tournament books, games collections by great players, and particular openings with games collections. So, I will be presenting summaries of that work here, with some statistical classification.

THANKS!!!:
    At this stage, I wish to thank the Chess Federation of Canada, for producing high-quality magazines, which have been a primary source. Editors for those magazines have included Jonathan Berry, Stephen Ball, Gordon Taylor, Brad Thomson, Hal Bond, Knut Neven, Robert Hamilton, and John Upper. That has been, and continues to be, an astonishing array of chess talent and dedicated service. As well, the authors of articles and columns published in those magazines earn my thanks. International resources have included Chess Informant, New In Chess, Inside Chess, Chess Life, British Chess Magazine, and others. Databases, including CanBase, ChessBase, chessgames.com, 365chess.com, chess5.com, and others, have been a great resource. The excellence of all of this work has assisted me greatly. I figure I have examined more than 10,000 games in my Cascla quest so far.

Those who have provided research and access resources, over a period of years, also deserve and receive my thanks! Primarily, these have been Queen's University, St. Lawrence College Kingston, Kingston Frontenac Public Library system, and Independent Living Centre Kingston.

Cheers,
    Frank Dixon
    Kingston :)
Working...
X