Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    Agreed, I am saddened, and disgusted, by the anti-Trump rantings of the CBC.
    Here is Global News reporting an Associated Press story which takes a negative view of certain aspects of the Trump presidency to date: http://globalnews.ca/news/3252368/co...-opening-days/

Will you now be telling us that you are saddened and disgusted by the anti-Trump rantings of Global News?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
      I feel the same way about the CBC. The difference is that your tax dollars don't finance Fox.
      Fwiw, here's wikipedia's rather skimpy entry on allegations of liberal bias on the part of the CBC (keep in mind that many think wikipedia itself is left-leaning):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadi...f_liberal_bias
      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
        Will you now be telling us that you are saddened and disgusted by the anti-Trump rantings of Global News?
        Are you now telling us that we Canadian taxpayers own Global News?

Comment

Here is Global News reporting an Associated Press story which takes a negative view of certain aspects of the Trump presidency to date: http://globalnews.ca/news/3252368/co...-opening-days/

Just a few weeks ago, I posted a comment saying that Trump may learn the meaning of "live by the sword, die by the sword."

During the election campaign, Trump was delighted to use information about the DNC and Hillary Clinton that came from "illegal" leak sources, including Wikileaks and others.

Now, Trump is on the receiving end of such leaked information, some of it coming (apparently) from inside his own administration. Naturally, Crooked Donald is railing against these leaks, calling them illegal (without quotes, meaning they are absolutely illegal in his mind). It is quite possible that such leaks will lead to the end of his administration. The word 'treason' is starting to come up. Republican members of Congress and the Senate are starting to feel the effects of all this, at various town hall meetings in their districts. It may be only a matter of time until something has to be done to remove the head of the snake.
          Only the rushing is heard...
          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

I hope you're right, Paul. Some people say, he's a businessman, he's green, give him a chance, but I can't think of a scarier place (for us) for someone to be learning on the job - Donald Trump »» intern President. :(
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

C'mon Brad! I never said or implied any such thing. You said you were saddened and disgusted by CBC's anti-Trump rantings. I asked you for an example. If you don't wish to provide one, that's up to you. But please don't try to pull your usual deflection b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                Fwiw, here's wikipedia's rather skimpy entry on allegations of liberal bias on the part of the CBC (keep in mind that many think wikipedia itself is left-leaning):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadi...f_liberal_bias
                Kevin, how about an example of a news reporting organization that is absolutely unbiased in every respect. I don't think there is such a bird. What do you think?

Comment

C'mon Brad! I never said or implied any such thing. You said you were saddened and disgusted by CBC's anti-Trump rantings. I asked you for an example. If you don't wish to provide one, that's up to you. But please don't try to pull your usual deflection b.s.
                  When you originally quoted me you seem to have missed the context, which was my response to Tom O'Donnell stating, "I feel the same way about the CBC. The difference is that your tax dollars don't finance Fox."

My disgust and sadness was clearly related to this statement, which I quoted at the time. I do not like my tax dollars supporting a biased CBC.

You are too much in a hurry to find fault with others, and only reveal your own inadequacies.

Comment

Perhaps this might be more to your liking, Brad - it's an article by a conservative American writer, written for a conservative American website/magazine. But.....surprise!!! Mr. French appears to be calling for a bipartisan investigation into the Trump team's relationships/contacts with Russia. Are these anti-Trump "rantings" too? ;)

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...s-what-we-know

Comment

When you originally quoted me you seem to have missed the context, which was my response to Tom O'Donnell stating, "I feel the same way about the CBC. The difference is that your tax dollars don't finance Fox."

My disgust and sadness was clearly related to this statement, which I quoted at the time. I do not like my tax dollars supporting a biased CBC.

You are too much in a hurry to find fault with others, and only reveal your own inadequacies.
                      Pay attention, Bradley.

First you said:

Agreed, I am saddened, and disgusted, by the anti-Trump rantings of the CBC.
                      Then I asked:

Can you give us an example of an anti-Trump ranting from the CBC?
                      Now, isn't that straightforward? No need to worry about context. No need for you to try to insult me. All you have to do is answer my question....or not (your choice).

Comment

Kevin, how about an example of a news reporting organization that is absolutely unbiased in every respect. I don't think there is such a bird. What do you think?
                        That's an excellent reason why no news organization should be taxpayer-funded.
                        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

It's setting a bit of a trap to ask for a perfectly unbiased news source. Rather, one could ask for examples of sources that are relatively unbiased, or the least biased (probably the CBC is far from being one).

One way to try to go about this is to do a websearch using 'are there any unbiased news sources left' or something similar. Another question one might pursue is, what is media bias? Here's a link I've given on chesstalk before, albeit from wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias

Comment

The CBC was originally one of the very few channels one could get across Canada. Nowadays, with so many TV channels etc. available, there is arguably not the least need for a 'state broadcaster'. Especially a taxpayer funded one. A lot of Canadian content regulation is in place for other Canadian TV channels, furthermore. That's without even considering questions of bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                              It's setting a bit of a trap to ask for a perfectly unbiased news source. Rather, one could ask for examples of sources that are relatively unbiased, or the least biased (probably the CBC is far from being one).

One way to try to go about this is to do a websearch using 'are there any unbiased news sources left' or something similar. Another question one might pursue is, what is media bias? Here's a link I've given on chesstalk before, albeit from wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias

And again, it all seems to be coming back to McLuhan and "the medium is the message".

You say, Kevin, we should do a websearch to find out if there are unbiased news sources left. Kind of like asking the fox if it is save to leave the henhouse windows open at night.

A huge paradox is being exposed here. We are at the height of the information age, and we cannot find the truth.

There is a fight, indeed a war, for the truth. Fake news is everywhere because no one can DISCERN the truth any more. Common sense, logical thinking, even the trail of provable facts are all replaced by bias -- or by "alternative facts" that just happen to fit the bias.

There are 60 million + left-thinking people in the U.S. (going by popular vote of the election), and Tom O'Donnell posts links to videos of a few violent leftist extremists in the U.S. and says basically that they ARE the left -- the entire left within the U.S. is represented by these few people. Tom has found his truth, and it just happens to agree with his OPINION.

The last vestige of civilization may rest with the legal systems of modern civilized nations. But even that is under assail, led by Trump. Even the legal system has political bias, because what? Because they defend the U.S. Constitution? We should have forseen this when the Muslim gold star father asked of Trump at the Democratic convention: "Have you even READ the Constitution?" Of course not, he's been too busy reading profit & loss statements. Should he read the Constitution, all he would think about is "Where are all the numbers? Did they make money or not?"

I can only conclude that we are in store for extreme and violent times within the civilized, developed nations -- nevermind what may or may not happen BETWEEN nations.

And whoa, hold onto your hats folks -- I just read today Trump is thinking to possibly move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and there is already an uproar. Jerusalem just happens to be where the world's 3 major religions -- Christianity, Judaism, Islam -- coexist in relative calm. Could this embassy move (if it happens) be the trigger of something to happen in Jerusalem, that might correspond to end time predictions in the Bible of an apocalypse centered around Jerusalem? Whenever I hear something on on these end time predictions, I wonder, how could Jerusalem possibly become the center of such an apocalypse? South China Sea I can envision, North or South Korea I can imagine, Iran I can image, Ukraine I can imagine -- but Jerusalem? Well, something might be up.

Oh, but wait, we haven't had the AntiChrist yet..... OR HAVEN'T WE?????
                              Only the rushing is heard...
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post

There are 60 million + left-thinking people in the U.S. (going by popular vote of the election), and Tom O'Donnell posts links to videos of a few violent leftist extremists in the U.S. and says basically that they ARE the left -- the entire left within the U.S. is represented by these few people. Tom has found his truth, and it just happens to agree with his OPINION. ...

Where did I write that these represent all of the Left? I was merely providing balance to a post entitled "Trump".

I will repeat: I am not pro-Trump. I disagree with him on a host of issues. However, he appears to be the enemy of the SJW crazies and on that score I am in his camp.
                                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X