Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Fwiw, I just lowered my shields out of curiousity to view a known troll's post. As usual, it wasn't worth it.
    I wish you'd stop upsetting yourself by reading your own posts.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
      For what it's worth, you seem to be a immigrant (2nd, 3rd, etc. generation - probably born in Canada) who is happy to come to/or be part of a Judeo-Christian society and then take a dump on it, while enjoying the verbal freedom your home country would most likely never allow. Whether you are a good or bad person, I have no idea. But would it kill you to be thankful for the society you are in, which has accepted you so readily? People like Bonham get so angry at Trump - well that's why Trump has succeeded so very much, people are tired of those who abuse their freedoms. The very liberal-minded people continue to be abusive, but it is their "right". Taking issue with the bible or even biblical literalism makes you contradict yourself - look where you have chosen to live? Guess where the basis of the law comes from?
      Hmm. These comments seem just a tad - un peu - INTOLERANT!! Unless 'Mavros Whissell' is some kind of fancy-pants indigenous name, aren't you an immigrant too? (2nd, 3rd, 8th generation: what does it matter?) Even if 'Mavros Whissell' is an indigenous name, your ancestors may still have been immigrants of a sort (crossing from Siberia in or around the time of the last ice age). So who appointed you to be dictating to people what they should or should not be thankful for?
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
        Hmm. These comments seem just a tad - un peu - INTOLERANT!! Unless 'Mavros Whissell' is some kind of fancy-pants indigenous name, aren't you an immigrant too? (2nd, 3rd, 8th generation: what does it matter?) Even if 'Mavros Whissell' is an indigenous name, your ancestors may still have been immigrants of a sort (crossing from Siberia in or around the time of the last ice age). So who appointed you to be dictating to people what they should or should not be thankful for?
        It doesn't really matter except, Peter, that our parents (mine too, mom from Cyprus, so I'm 2nd generation) immigrate to try and get a better life. What is hilarious is that the offspring of the immigrants crap on the freedoms they get. I don't do that, and you are bloody wrong if you think I have no right to be grateful for the freedoms Canada offers, or defend from where they came. Canada is not made strong by immigrants who come to change what they find. Its made strong by immigrants and diversity that contribute to the freedoms it offers. Get it straight.

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
          Given your apparent grasp of American politics, it's hard to tell if you're being serious or not.
          Drkulec is Kirsan Ilyumzhinov's 80k little bitch! And as such Drkulec has a grasp of only one thing and one thing only.

Comment

This thread is much more tolerable if you leave the trolls in your ignore file. They offer nothing of interest.
            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Saturday, 29th April, 2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

For what it's worth, you seem to be a immigrant (2nd, 3rd, etc. generation - probably born in Canada) who is happy to come to/or be part of a Judeo-Christian society and then take a dump on it, while enjoying the verbal freedom your home country would most likely never allow. Whether you are a good or bad person, I have no idea. But would it kill you to be thankful for the society you are in, which has accepted you so readily? People like Bonham get so angry at Trump - well that's why Trump has succeeded so very much, people are tired of those who abuse their freedoms. The very liberal-minded people continue to be abusive, but it is their "right". Taking issue with the bible or even biblical literalism makes you contradict yourself - look where you have chosen to live? Guess where the basis of the law comes from?
              It doesn't really matter except, Peter, that our parents (mine too, mom from Cyprus, so I'm 2nd generation) immigrate to try and get a better life. What is hilarious is that the offspring of the immigrants crap on the freedoms they get. I don't do that, and you are bloody wrong if you think I have no right to be grateful for the freedoms Canada offers, or defend from where they came. Canada is not made strong by immigrants who come to change what they find. Its made strong by immigrants and diversity that contribute to the freedoms it offers. Get it straight.
              I find most of your comments disturbing. You seem to be speaking to (in the first set of comments) and about Ben in a very condescending manner. Ben has indicated that he's not a fan of Biblical literalism. He's entitled to his opinion. How do you get from that point to your assertion that Ben is "(taking) a dump" on Judeo-Christian society? I'm not a fan of Biblical literalism either. Do you think that I'm taking a dump on Judeo-Christian society too or is it just Ben you have a problem with? And by the way, my Canada is an open society where people can follow the religion they choose without being dumped on by members of "Judeo-Christian society." If Canada was once labelled a Judeo-Christian society, perhaps that was more a reflection of the imperialistic and genocidal tendencies of western Europeans than of any intrinsic merit of Judeo-Christian society. Christianity is something to be acquainted with, imo. But Christians - over the last millenium has there been a group of people who have shed more blood unjustly?

You refer to Ben's home country. What if his home country is Canada? And how did Paul Bonham and Trump get involved? And then you accuse Ben of crapping on his freedoms. What freedoms is he crapping on? Please explain because it seems to me that the only person crapping on someone else's freedoms in this sub-thread is you. And in case you hadn't noticed, some conservatives are just as disrespectful and abusive as some liberals. Get it right yourself. You come across as being very narrow-minded and intolerant.

P.S. As J. Ken might say, "I shall not sully myself by responding to any further posts from trolls!". : /
              Last edited by Peter McKillop; Saturday, 29th April, 2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

You're so very wrong on so many points.

1. There is no context in which a reasonable person measures people's Canadian-ness according to the generational length of their respective Canadian lineages. To imply that some immigrant element inheres in native Canadians with recent foreign lineage is nothing more than thinly veiled white supremacy. To cut off your stupid point before you deign to make it, the fact that you are yourself a second generation Canadian is irrelevant. You're white, and you're spouting idiocy with white supremacist undertones, and it's not a good look.

You should consider being more careful in a milieu as multicultural as the Canadian chess scene. The whole country isn't some butt-fuck nowhere, racially homogeneous dump like Sudbury. There are plenty of us second and third generation Canadians who don't put up with the racist bullshit you're spewing. I hope we cross paths at a Canadian Open one day so we can see if you'll spew it to my face.

2. I'm not a part of a Judeo-Christian society. Both my native country (Canada) and my adoptive country (America) are secular states which constitutionally disallow a confluence of religion and any branch of government. You talk about my "enjoying ... freedom" as if my doing so creates some sort of responsibility to the Judeo-Christian elements of this society. An absurd point that even in its best light cannot be held as anything more than a misinterpretation of basic social contract theory. Know that my contract, if it exists at all, is with the legal institutions of my homeland and the legal institutions of the nation to which I legally migrated--legal institutions which I once again urge you to grasp are secular. Even if I am indebted to the legislative and judicial institutions of my country, I am not indebted to the religious institutions: institutions which, incidentally, oversee flocks that are on the whole more opposed to the rights of women and of the LGBTQ community than the general populace. And that's to say nothing about the religious community's general aversion to science and sound syllogistic thought. I owe nothing to the religious institutions of either Canada or America.

3. Ignoring the fact that a society with lots of Judeo-Christians doesn't make a Judeo-Christian society, my society doesn't even have lots of Judeo-Christians. I'm from BC, the least religious province in Canada, made up about equally of religious and non-religious people. I'm from Vancouver, the largest city in BC (and urbanity is linked to irreligion in Canada). I'm young (and youth is linked to irreligion in Canada). I'm educated (and education is linked to irreligion in Canada). My community in Vancouver was full of atheists, not Judeo-Christians.

4. My "home country" is Canada, you pale, racist hick.

5. Trump has succeeded because he appeals to racists, misogynists and xenophobes in general. He doesn't appeal to those who want their freedom back. He appeals to those who want their privilege back. Most of his supporters have never had their freedoms abused in their entire lives. You clearly have no clue what's going on here.

6. You call me abusive but I attack people only when they display an utter contempt for human decency, like your beloved dimwit Drkulec, who stoops so low as to spread several-times debunked transphobic myths. Call me "abusive" all you want, but I'm abusing scum.

7. People who take religious texts literally are ridiculous. It's already well-established that religious people are, on the whole, not exactly knocking IQ tests out of the park, but those who take their sacred texts literally surely must be to the very left of the bell curve. It's an ignorant existence. If Pacey wants to get mouthy, I have no problem calling him out for his foolishness.

8. The basis of law is not religion. The historical event which led to the advent of law was the creation of civilization, and the continued development of law is nothing more than evolution. Don't lecture me on my own field; you're embarrassing yourself.
                Last edited by Ben Daswani; Saturday, 29th April, 2017, 11:46 PM.
                everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
                  ...dimwit Drkulec,
                  Yup, that works too.

Comment

You guys ever post on the_donald?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      This thread is much more tolerable if you leave the trolls in your ignore file. They offer nothing of interest.
                      At the moment my 'shields' (= ignore list) keep out 10 trolls, and counting. Pretty soon there won't be many chesstalk posts that I bother to read.
                      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

White House Correspondence Dinner
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdfrXmYXZp0

Comment

First of all, "offspring of immigrants" are what? They are CITIZENS. By separating them out and calling them "offspring of immigrants" you are expressing xenophobia and racism.

Secondly, about people "dumping on" the (so-called) Judeo-Christian society that gave them their freedoms: what did Donald Trump do when he wore a hat saying "Make America Great Again" ? He DUMPED ON America.

According to Trump and most of his supporters, America was great when women and African-Americans had no civil rights.... when unions didn't exist and companies could work people to death and could rape the environment in the name of profit.... when health insurance didn't have to actually cover the sick or the poor or the disabled. America was great when people like Trump -- PRIVILEGED people of money -- didn't see any of their wealth redistributed to help the less fortunate, less privileged, less entitled members of society or to keep the environment clean and sustainable.

This is your "Judeo-Christian society"! This is what Trump wants to bring back. And it's what you want also. You just want all the "offspring of immigrants" -- plus the immigrants themselves -- and the women as well -- to shut the fuck up and accept what you see as their lot in life, which is to be the servants and subservients of the male privileged elite.

Canada is actually DISTANCING ITSELF from Trump, by emphasizing open borders to immigrants and refugees of all ethnicities, races, religions. Have you not been tracking the news, that Canada is accepting people that the U.S. is rejecting?

Where do you get this "Judeo-Christian society" bullshit you are spouting? Did the U.S. and Canada suddenly become theocracies? Have the Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and atheists been rounded up and put through conversion therapy?

Here's what needs to happen to Mavros Whissell (watch it all the way through):

If only life could be like this.
                          Only the rushing is heard...
                          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

So much hate, and so little thought. Ben and Paul show their true colours. Personal attacks and no real reason. Good luck to you both.

Comment

I find whenever political discussions drift into religious tones, the rhetoric can get very hostile. Unfortunate. I prefer a strict separation of state and religion.
                              The issue of humans rights has been raised. I am very afraid the rise of Trump will lead to an erosion of our rights. Trump is very authoritarian. It worked for him in business as undisputed ruler of the Trump empire. But as POTUS, he thinks the same rules should apply. He attacks the media and the court, but both play an important part in checking the power of the politicians. What if he decides the citizens don't need so many rights? What if his loyal followers let him get away with it?
                              Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Sunday, 30th April, 2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                                At the moment my 'shields' (= ignore list) keep out 10 trolls, and counting. Pretty soon there won't be many chesstalk posts that I bother to read.
                                Kevin, when Judas sold out to the Roman's for 30 silver coins at least he had the smarts to collect the whole amount.

When Drkulec sold out to Kirsan Ilyumzhinov for 80k, he could only manage to collect 20k of the amount owed ...LOL! ...sigh. Add to that, the U.S. State Department of the Treasury's charges against Kirsan Ilyumzhinov still stand.

And according to Sid, Drkulec was well warned in advance. Not only warned by Sid, but also warned by Kasparov!

Have a nice day.
                                Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 30th April, 2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X