Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
    So much hate, and so little thought. Ben and Paul show their true colours. Personal attacks and no real reason. Good luck to you both.
    1. Conservative says something racist.
    2. Multiple non-conservatives point out that the conservative said something racist.
    3. Conservative accuses non-conservatives of "hatred" or "intolerance".

An all too familiar turn of events. The sick part is that these imbeciles think they're the logical ones; this, despite the abundance of evidence indicating what anyone with half a brain can ascertain anecdotally: conservatives, on the whole, cannot reason.
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
      1. Conservative says something racist.
      2. Multiple non-conservatives point out that the conservative said something racist.
      3. Conservative accuses non-conservatives of "hatred" or "intolerance".

An all too familiar turn of events. The sick part is that these imbeciles think they're the logical ones; this, despite the abundance of evidence indicating what anyone with half a brain can ascertain anecdotally: conservatives, on the whole, cannot reason.
      Just watched Idiocracy..
      [cabinet has been debating putting water on the plants instead of Brawndo]
      Pvt. Joe Bowers: What *are* these electrolytes? Do you even know?
      Secretary of State: They're... what they use to make Brawndo!
      Pvt. Joe Bowers: But *why* do they use them to make Brawndo?
      Secretary of Defense: [raises hand after a pause] Because Brawndo's got electrolytes.

Its a fun new world, when conservatives win.

Comment

To be fair Nikolay,

It is unlikely conservatives will win for too long, the division is too great. As for militant atheists? Well they always win until there is a World War and they are put in their place.

Comment

Neil, I didn't ever care that much about FIDE politics. I was simply letting Vlad know I already have an active Ignore List. I'm also letting Ben know I'm ignoring him, in case that went over his head. As for you, try not to stoop to an extremely low level of language when you are angry about some past slight. For example, I get very p!$$ed off at Liberal Governments in Ontario, but at least I don't swear at them to their faces.
          Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
          Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Daswani
            conservatives, on the whole, cannot reason.
            All well and good except the poster that has got you so angry that you have made wide general statements against all conservatives happens to have a higher chess rating then you do. Before you accuse others of being racists who generalize you really should look at yourself first. I think if you asked Mavros or many other conservatives if they have a problem with different ethnic heritage or religion the answer is no.
            You could worship a piece of stone and no one would give a damn as long as you don't throw that stone at us. That being said when I see a Sharia law governed country like Saudi Arabia that executes people on the basis of their sexual orientation and affords no protection to women other then brutal oppression then I say to you that those that want to come to America and support Sharia law should not bother coming. New refugees are expected to swear their first allegiance to the US Constitution. The US Constitution is completely incompatible with Sharia Law.
            Why don't you try googling what percent of Islams believe Sharia law should be the law of the land? Tell us all what your findings are.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
              I find most of your comments disturbing. You seem to be speaking to (in the first set of comments) and about Ben in a very condescending manner. Ben has indicated that he's not a fan of Biblical literalism. He's entitled to his opinion. How do you get from that point to your assertion that Ben is "(taking) a dump" on Judeo-Christian society?
              People like Ben are the reason that Donald Trump won. It seems in your world a certain kind of bigotry is acceptable as long as the target is the socially acceptable right ones (ie Christians). Ben shared the Democratic party disdain for Christians so he shouldn't be surprised when the same Christians come out en masse to vote against those who hate them. Trump won because allowing the alternative to reshape the judiciary would have sent the pendulum permanently in the wrong direction.

Comment

So much hate, and so little thought. Ben and Paul show their true colours. Personal attacks and no real reason. Good luck to you both.
                I didn't notice and don't notice unless someone I do read quotes them. Its like having a mute button for that crazy person that insists on berating you and every other passerby at the speakers corner in Kitchener. Some people are temporarily deranged and some are permanently deranged. No need to trouble yourself with their ravings. Some people have their demons. No need to open yourself to them.

Comment

Conservatives on the whole reason quite well when compared to liberal snowflakes who need to run to their safe spaces when they hear anything which disagrees with their dogmas. Witness the death of free speech on American campuses. Most people when they get a little older manage to break free of the shackles of their liberal indoctrination which begins in grade school and continues through high school and university.

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                  All well and good except the poster that has got you so angry that you have made wide general statements against all conservatives happens to have a higher chess rating then you do. Before you accuse others of being racists who generalize you really should look at yourself first. I think if you asked Mavros or many other conservatives if they have a problem with different ethnic heritage or religion the answer is no.
                  You could worship a piece of stone and no one would give a damn as long as you don't throw that stone at us. That being said when I see a Sharia law governed country like Saudi Arabia that executes people on the basis of their sexual orientation and affords no protection to women other then brutal oppression then I say to you that those that want to come to America and support Sharia law should not bother coming. New refugees are expected to swear their first allegiance to the US Constitution. The US Constitution is completely incompatible with Sharia Law.
                  Why don't you try googling what percent of Islams believe Sharia law should be the law of the land? Tell us all what your findings are.
                  Daswani is an Indian name I believe so I doubt that he is a big proponent of Sharia though you may have been responding to something he wrote that I did not see. He is simply an empty headed youngster who has no concept of reality though it stops being cute once you reach your thirties as I believe he may have by now.

The party of the bigots is clearly the Democratic party as it has been all along. The shameful behavior of the Obama administration at the UN in the last few days of power in allowing an anti-Israel resolution to go ahead is just another data point to add to the emails where they sought to exploit Bernie Sanders ethnic origins to negatively impact his political standing within the Democratic party.

Ben and Paul Bonham both seem to me to be lighter versions of internet trolls who I have known in the past. The same can be said for a number of other Chesstalk trolls. They simply lack the depth of their predecessors who nevertheless managed to kill many discussion forums over the last 20 years. I have to dial it back a few notches when dealing with them. I doubt that any of them will be played by Tom Cruise in a movie (Magnolia) as one of my mid 90s usenet opponents was.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                    Neil, I didn't ever care that much about FIDE politics. I was simply letting Vlad know I already have an active Ignore List. I'm also letting Ben know I'm ignoring him, in case that went over his head. As for you, try not to stoop to an extremely low level of language when you are angry about some past slight. For example, I get very p!$$ed off at Liberal Governments in Ontario, but at least I don't swear at them to their faces.
                    I am not surprised. His lonely boy crusade against the CFC is clearly rooted in the rejection of his company during working hours when they needed to do some work. He is a male version of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction or perhaps more accurately Jim Carrey's Cable Guy. He clearly has a hard time with boundaries and is offended when people try to establish even reasonable ones. I never met the guy but I can only go by the stories that I have heard about him and his reactions on Chesstalk.

Comment

"Conservatives on the whole reason quite well when compared to liberal snowflakes who need to run to their safe spaces when they hear anything which disagrees with their dogmas."
                      ...conservative snowflakes who need to block people who say anything that disagrees with their dogmas.
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3973198/?ref_=ttep_ep4 another fun new world.

"He is simply an empty headed youngster who..."
                      Mr. Bonham should have included something about ageism in his infamous post.

"I doubt that any of them will be played by Tom Cruise in a movie (Magnolia) as one of my mid 90s usenet opponents was."
                      Poor 90s usenet opponent must have been a 'victim' of the mute button. Instant win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                        White House Correspondence Dinner
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdfrXmYXZp0
                        I watched the rally.

Comment

I think Mr. Belzberg is entirely correct.

Different cultures, well they are everything that makes this country great. Look at our chess community, and they are generally a great bunch of guys and girls! Different religions, different cultures, all love chess! All here enjoying freedom. But allowing in a law form such as Sharia that promotes: lying to unbelievers as acceptable, open prayers against Jews, beating women, throwing homosexuals off buildings, or that type of lunacy is terrible. In our legal code these translate to fraud, uttering threats, abuse, assault and murder. All illegal. Thank you, liberal government, for motion 103. Protecting one religion over all others? Here comes the creep. Islam is still not the most persecuted religion either, its still Judaism. The most interesting discussions are listening to Iranian or Saudi nationals who have come to Canada to escape Sharia, they understand the value of their new found freedom and actively fight this kind of change. Mr. Belzberg understood exactly what I was trying to address. I would go so far as to say militant atheism is also a deadly cause that threatens to change Western law.

Yes Vlad (and Kevin), I thought of the mute button many times. And I think Nikolay thinks its no good to just ignore, but you have a point. When some of these guys just go to base insults and try and call you every name in the book, its not worth listening. If it were a solid argument, its a different storey. I think somewhere way back when this might have been an argument based on facts. However, I am fairly certain once the base insults come out, the opposition just doesn't really have anymore basis in reason, and they've simply lost their argument and have no validity. Probably your solution is better for my blood pressure though!
                          Last edited by Mavros Whissell; Sunday, 30th April, 2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
                            ...conservative snowflakes who need to block people who say anything that disagrees with their dogmas....

Touche! Vlad and Kevin retreat to their "safe spaces" protected by ignore lists. The hypocrisy of Vlad Drkulec is so blatant that he can't see it!

All justified in the claim that we are hurling insults at them. No facts, no reason, they claim.... all part of the "fake news" phenomenon.

This latest branch of the overall thread has degenerated into a 3-way war: Christians vs. Islam vs. atheism.
                            Only the rushing is heard...
                            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                              Sid, I don't follow your line of thought here. Ben indicated that he didn't like biblical literalism. How do you get from there to suggesting that he do a little research project on sharia? What's the connection?
                              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I think Mr. Belzberg is entirely correct.

Different cultures, well they are everything that makes this country great. Look at our chess community, and they are generally a great bunch of guys and girls! Different religions, different cultures, all love chess! All here enjoying freedom. But allowing in a law form such as Sharia that promotes: lying to unbelievers as acceptable, open prayers against Jews, beating women, throwing homosexuals off buildings, or that type of lunacy is terrible. In our legal code these translate to fraud, uttering threats, abuse, assault and murder. All illegal. Thank you, liberal government, for motion 103. Protecting one religion over all others? Here comes the creep. Islam is still not the most persecuted religion either, its still Judaism. The most interesting discussions are listening to Iranian or Saudi nationals who have come to Canada to escape Sharia, they understand the value of their new found freedom and actively fight this kind of change. Mr. Belzberg understood exactly what I was trying to address. I would go so far as to say militant atheism is also a deadly cause that threatens to change Western law.

Yes Vlad (and Kevin), I thought of the mute button many times. And I think Nikolay thinks its no good to just ignore, but you have a point. When some of these guys just go to base insults and try and call you every name in the book, its not worth listening. If it were a solid argument, its a different storey. I think somewhere way back when this might have been an argument based on facts. However, I am fairly certain once the base insults come out, the opposition just doesn't really have anymore basis in reason, and they've simply lost their argument and have no validity. Probably your solution is better for my blood pressure though!
                                Mavros, I get the impression that you may not he familiar with the full text of Private Member's Motion 103. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize now, in advance. But if I'm right, you can find the full text here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentaria...mentId=8661986. Once you've read the full text of the motion, and keeping in mind that the motion was put forward in the immediate aftermath of the Quebec mosque shootings (context!), I hope you'll agree that the motion is NOT trying to "(protect) one religion over all others." In fact, Irwin Cotler, former Canadian Minister of Justice & Attorney General and respected international human rights lawyer, had this to say about the motion:

The author of the anti-Semitism motion, former Liberal MP and justice minister Irwin Cotler, told*The CJN*he would suggest changes to M-103. “I would support it in principle, but I believe support for the motion would be enhanced if it used the term ‘anti-Muslim hate and bigotry’ rather than Islamophobia, because Islamophobia [has come] to be seen in unclear or divisive ways.”Cotler said he would have moved amendments to the motion to change the wording, but “if the amendment was voted down, I would have supported the motion.” [source: http://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/wh...ided-on-m-103]

Apparently Mr. Cotler, a noted authority, doesn't think the motion represents "creep". I hope you'll consider modifying your opinion on this.

Did Ben say something that prompted you to bring forward your concerns about sharia law? What was it that he said?
                                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                                X