Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...-neil-cox.html
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
      The CBC was originally one of the very few channels one could get across Canada. Nowadays, with so many TV channels etc. available, there is arguably not the least need for a 'state broadcaster'. Especially a taxpayer funded one.
      One could make this case. Personally I would not want to see the end of the CBC. I believe it to be an important part of what Canada is. But some internal changes are certainly needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
        One could make this case. Personally I would not want to see the end of the CBC. I believe it to be an important part of what Canada is. But some internal changes are certainly needed.
        Good Lord! We agree on something.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
          Fwiw, here's an article that offers some support for your viewpoint:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opini...ticle15684784/
          Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
          Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
            A huge paradox is being exposed here. We are at the height of the information age, and we cannot find the truth.

There is a fight, indeed a war, for the truth. Fake news is everywhere because no one can DISCERN the truth any more. Common sense, logical thinking, even the trail of provable facts are all replaced by bias -- or by "alternative facts" that just happen to fit the bias.
            Fwiw, the Chess Informant publication people once invented a saying, ostensibly to boost sales in the digital age. It was: "Too much information = Not enough information."

How to tell what's a fairly reliable, and relatively unbiased source of news (or 'truth')? One way, if you don't trust anyone's opinion on who or what to trust, is to keep track of a given source's track record over time. You'll eventually know when some claim turns out to be true or false, or based on bias. A good place to start for trying to find sources of reliable, relatively unbiased news might be to do as I suggested, i.e. get a list of recommended sources off the internet with a websearch. If you find out over time that many of these have a terrible track record, you know the original list was crap, and you can start your search for good sources all over again.

That said, 'Truth' isn't always easy to find, even if you think you're absolutely sure of it. Only God knows the whole truth, with all the web of causes and effects, and any mitigating factors present in the case of people's lives. I think people can do things sometimes because of something that happened before they were born into this life, and no person has a clue that that is why it happened, not even the person themselves, unless, perhaps, hypnosis works on them to reveal it (but then 'science' considers that that sort of procedure is invalid). On the other hand, if one doesn't even try to develop opinions based on the often only incomplete information that we have access to, how does one make many of one's daily decisions, or talk with an air of confidence around the water cooler, at Tim Horton's, or, perhaps less importantly, on chesstalk?
            Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
            Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Little Donny Pee Pee, expounded on nuclear holocaust at today's press conference:

"If Russia and the United States actually got together and got along — and don’t forget, we’re a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. There’s no upside. We’re a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. I have been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we’re allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other.They’re a very powerful nuclear country and so are we. If we have a good relationship with Russia, believe me, that’s a good thing, not a bad thing.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America
              Last edited by Peter McKillop; Thursday, 16th February, 2017, 09:48 PM.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I apologize for going off the topic ... "She did not vote either for Trump or Clinton":
                http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38948711

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  Little Donny Pee Pee, expounded on nuclear holocaust at today's press conference:

"If Russia and the United States actually got together and got along — and don’t forget, we’re a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. There’s no upside. We’re a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. I have been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we’re allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other.They’re a very powerful nuclear country and so are we. If we have a good relationship with Russia, believe me, that’s a good thing, not a bad thing.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America

Hmmm.... let's see now.... we have a mysterious Russian spy ship 30 miles off the coast of Virginia, bristling with eavesdropping equipment.... and we have Trump saying the intelligence leakers are going to be caught.....

Connection? Putin trying to save Trump's Presidency? Is a setup in motion -- someone about to be framed as a leaker? Make a transmission of fake complicity, knowing that the Russian ship can intercept it, massage it and get it back to the White House to be used as evidence?
                  Last edited by Paul Bonham; Thursday, 16th February, 2017, 11:05 PM.
                  Only the rushing is heard...
                  Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Wow, quite a news conference yesterday.
                    Trump assures us that the White House is running smoothly and that he is really really smart.
                    I understand his base believes he is doing well.
                    Me, I feel otherwise!
                    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 17th February, 2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Some of Trump's Trumpy comments from the Feb 16th news conference ( source: TIME online - http://time.com/4673624/donald-trump...nce-combative/ ):

On the state of the country: "As you know, our Administration inherited many problems across government and across the economy. To be honest, I inherited a mess. It's a mess. At home and abroad, a mess."

On the beginning of his Administration: "I turn on the T.V., open the newspapers and I see stories of chaos. Chaos. Yet it is the exact opposite. This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine."

On drug abuse: "We're becoming a drug infested nation. Drugs are becoming cheaper than candy bars. We are not going to let it happen any longer."

On whether he would meet with the Congressional Black Caucus: "I would. You want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours?"

On anti-Semitism in the United States: "Number one, I am the least anti-Semitic person you've ever seen in your entire life. Number two, racism, the least racist person."

On a Russian spy vessel that is off the U.S. coastline: "Not good."

On misstating his Electoral College win at the press conference: "Well, I don't know, I was given that information. I was given."

On his connections with Russia: "I own nothing in Russia. I have no loans in Russia. I don't have any deals in Russia."

Again, on Russia: "Russia is a ruse."

On Hillary Clinton's "reset" with Russia as Secretary of State: "Hillary Clinton did a reset, remember? With the stupid plastic button that made us all look like a bunch of jerks."

On CNN's coverage of him: "I watch CNN, it's so much anger and hatred and just the hatred."

On whether stories about Mike Flynn's resignation are "fake news": "The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake."

Comment

• The Empire Strikes Back

Originally posted by Jack Pine
                        The fact the nation’s now-departed senior guardian of national security was un-moored by a scandal linked to a conversation picked up on a wire offers a rare insight into how exactly America’s vaunted Deep State works. It is a story not about rogue intelligence agencies running amok outside the law, but rather about the vast domestic power they have managed to acquire within it.
                        Michael Flynn (NS Adviser) is Trump's first casualty by the Deep State. The Empire Strikes Back.

Foreign Policy: Trump is Showing How the Deep State Really Works
                        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

• Re: The Empire Strikes Back

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...-michael-flynn
                          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• This is what police states do

from the article ...

Normally intercepts of U.S. officials and citizens are some of the most tightly held government secrets. This is for good reason. Selectively disclosing details of private conversations monitored by the FBI or NSA gives the permanent state the power to destroy reputations from the cloak of anonymity. This is what police states do.
                            I agree with the author; this seems just like the beginning, and the POTUS is the ultimate target. Why the fake left (the Democrats) would cheerlead this sort of police state activity indicates how rotten THEY are.
                            Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

I don't know what Trump is talking about when he says that Sweden has a problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02...sh-suburb.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...um-seeker.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-assaults.html

Comment

The next stage in the fight for democracy in the USA has begun. It began the day after the inauguration of Donald Trump with massive protests which have continued throughout his first month as President. Now protesters are pushing back against the Trump agenda at Town Halls.

They are being helped along by the indivisible guide which can be found and downloaded online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-CHZdTmBA4

I wish them well, but please keep it peaceful.
                                Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 22nd February, 2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X