Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
    I wouldn't let you around my children if I had any. ;-)

Ok, resorting to personal attack, hallmark of a loser.
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

I found this interesting article, that starts:

"Presidential psychology is quickly becoming a bipartisan issue. Recently, Senator Al Franken said that he and several of his GOP colleagues shared the opinion that President Donald Trump is “not right mentally.” Shortly thereafter, 35 mental health professionals — psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers — took to the pages of the New York Times to register their own concerns that the President was demonstrating “grave emotional instability.”
      These controversial armchair diagnoses are powerless on their own. But what if there was something that Senator Franken and his concerned colleagues could actually do? Constitutionally speaking, there might be."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

"Presidential psychology is quickly becoming a bipartisan issue. Recently, Senator Al Franken said that he and several of his GOP colleagues shared the opinion that President Donald Trump is “not right mentally.” Shortly thereafter, 35 mental health professionals — psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers — took to the pages of the New York Times to register their own concerns that the President was demonstrating “grave emotional instability.”
        These controversial armchair diagnoses are powerless on their own. But what if there was something that Senator Franken and his concerned colleagues could actually do? Constitutionally speaking, there might be."
        We can only hope.

Comment

Denis Miller vs Al Franken

!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            IMHO - God takes no position......
            Yeah, I'm with you on this one, Bob. If I may clarify, Kevin P. thinks God is anti-communism. All I'm doing is saying, not so fast, Kevin, and providing some bible verses that suggest He may not be anti-communism. :)
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
              My second paragraph that was quoted explains by implication the somewhat lengthy bit of trappy sophistry (including the Christianity reference, thrown like an unsound trap) that was used against my clearly generalized statement. I grant you it's hard to defend against a general statement like mine was without somehow claiming the alleged good of the left is somehow significant in comparison to the hugely bad aspects of it, but the onus is on the leftists in light of the overall ugly record of their movement IMHO . I can give links on Marx' quote concerning his conscience, and that the social leftist Wynne's Ontario sex ed curriculum is radical & social engineering (I didn't even get into Hollywood's immorality), but why bother to strain myself when only hard core leftist chesstalk posters are intensely questioning my posts.

As I explained to Brad, the only form of national government that God ever clearly endorsed Himself was a theocracy. Nowadays we are living with huge populations and territory to manage in our world's many nations, but democracies seem to me to be most blessed. Fwiw, Pope John Paul II (who said he was saved from death by the Virgin deflecting a bullet) at one point publicly rebuked a Marxist leaning clergyman right after getting off a plane in Central America.
              Let's take a look at your "clearly generalized statement", shall we? Here's what you said:

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
              So far I like a lot of what Trump is doing to cheese off the eternally misguided and twisted left wing, ...
              You may wish to grab your dictionary and look up 'eternal'. Here 's a selection of wordings that I would consider to be "generalized":

1. ...cheese off the OFTEN misguided and twisted left wing...

2. ...cheese off the FREQUENTLY misguided and twisted left.wing...

3. ...cheese off the SOMEWHAT misguided and twisted left wing...

I don't have a crystal ball. If you can't express yourself clearly then don't expect me to figure out what you're trying to say. And now, if you would be so kind, please take your 'trappy sophistry' comment and hide it in one of your body cavities, perchance to remain there for the rest of eternity.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                Let's take a look at your "clearly generalized statement", shall we? Here's what you said:

You may wish to grab your dictionary and look up 'eternal'. Here 's a selection of wordings that I would consider to be "generalized":

1. ...cheese off the OFTEN misguided and twisted left wing...

2. ...cheese off the FREQUENTLY misguided and twisted left.wing...

3. ...cheese off the SOMEWHAT misguided and twisted left wing...

I don't have a crystal ball. If you can't express yourself clearly then don't expect me to figure out what you're trying to say. And now, if you would be so kind, please take your 'trappy sophistry' comment and hide it in one of your body cavities, perchance to remain there for the rest of eternity.

Peter, don't know if you noticed, but Kevin has edited his posts several times (and then he comments, perhaps tongue-in-cheek, "but why bother to strain myself..." ha ha!).

And in his latest edit(s), he now mentions "somehow claiming the alleged good of the left is somehow significant in comparison to..." (my emphasis added on the word "alleged").

So (trappy sophistry aside!) it is clear Kevin is not willing to admit to any ACTUAL good deeds of the left. Perhaps he views any such deeds as fake news?

On another topic, Peter, do you remember just after Trump won the election and on the current Trump thread at that time, you asked me what I thought might happen as a consequence, and one of the things I mentioned is that I thought Trump supporters, especially the far right ones, would be emboldened and start attacks against various institutions? (I believe I mentioned abortion clinics and Muslim mosques as examples).

What I didn't expect was that the institutions that would be primarily attacked in these initial months would be Jewish Community Centers. It's becoming something of an epidemic now, bomb threats and actual damages to these facilities all across America.

Threats Growing Against JCCs

Perhaps a sign of more serious things to come as a natural consequence of the election of an immoral and hateful Republican President.
                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                  Peter, don't know if you noticed, but Kevin has edited his posts several times (and then he comments, perhaps tongue-in-cheek, "but why bother to strain myself..." ha ha!).

And in his latest edit(s), he now mentions "somehow claiming the alleged good of the left is somehow significant in comparison to..." (my emphasis added on the word "alleged").

So (trappy sophistry aside!) it is clear Kevin is not willing to admit to any ACTUAL good deeds of the left. Perhaps he views any such deeds as fake news?

On another topic, Peter, do you remember just after Trump won the election and on the current Trump thread at that time, you asked me what I thought might happen as a consequence, and one of the things I mentioned is that I thought Trump supporters, especially the far right ones, would be emboldened and start attacks against various institutions? (I believe I mentioned abortion clinics and Muslim mosques as examples).

What I didn't expect was that the institutions that would be primarily attacked in these initial months would be Jewish Community Centers. It's becoming something of an epidemic now, bomb threats and actual damages to these facilities all across America.

Threats Growing Against JCCs

Perhaps a sign of more serious things to come as a natural consequence of the election of an immoral and hateful Republican President.
                  Hi Paul. Yes, I've noticed some of Kevin's edits. I would guess (haven't tried to research this) that in Canada and the U.S. a huge proportion of government initiatives that look after the downtrodden and marginalized in society were initially sponsored by left of centre politicians; i.e. the twisted and misguided people in Kevin's world. I don't understand this kind of misanthropic thinking but, sadly, there are lots of Kevins out there.

Yes, I remember your concern that there would be an increase in racist attacks/incidents. Like you I'm very surprised that so much of this hate is falling on the shoulders of Jewish Americans and Canadians. I don't doubt that Trump has played a big role in empowering these despicable people. Just one example was his lukewarm and late refusal of David (?) Duke's endorsement.

What's it like living in the U.S.? Has there been a large increase in tension among your friends and work colleagues?

Comment

Hi Paul. Yes, I've noticed some of Kevin's edits. I would guess (haven't tried to research this) that in Canada and the U.S. a huge proportion of government initiatives that look after the downtrodden and marginalized in society were initially sponsored by left of centre politicians; i.e. the twisted and misguided people in Kevin's world. I don't understand this kind of misanthropic thinking but, sadly, there are lots of Kevins out there.

Yes, I remember your concern that there would be an increase in racist attacks/incidents. Like you I'm very surprised that so much of this hate is falling on the shoulders of Jewish Americans and Canadians. I don't doubt that Trump has played a big role in empowering these despicable people. Just one example was his lukewarm and late refusal of David (?) Duke's endorsement.

What's it like living in the U.S.? Has there been a large increase in tension among your friends and work colleagues?

There's a couple things I can say from having lived in the U.S. for 20 years now. The first is that I do not understand what exactly is "American ingenuity". From what I have observed, Americans are overwhelmingly....with exceptions, of course.... lacking in common sense. Yes, they can master difficult technical subjects, but they for the most part don't seem able to make sense of it all. They don't even seem to know what is best for themselves. They seem to be on some kind of autopilot towards self harm. For this reason, I personally never counted Donald Trump out of winning the Presidency no matter how bad the polls were against him. I felt America would, as it so often does, choose the worst option. Same thing with Hillary versus Bernie Sanders. I was actually surprised when Obama won versus Mitt Romney in 2012, I really felt Romney being the worst choice would win. But this transcends politics, I've worked with many companies large and small and I constantly see bad decisions being made that defy "American ingenuity". I really am left believing that America's standing in the world isn't because of its people, but because of natural blessings it has. It is where it is DESPITE the American people, not because of them.

And I do believe a lot of this lack of common sense, lack of thinking ability, comes from the pollutants they absorb every day. The Flint water crisis isn't limited to Flint Michigan, not by a long shot, and it all goes back a long time. So lead and other elements / chemicals have been accumulating in Americans for decades now, and the nation is basically dumbed down from the effect. I try and not let these things accumulate in me, but there's only so much one can do. Trump's flippant rollback of environmental regulations makes America's future bleak indeed. It's a prime example of shortsighted thinking that is so typical of Americans.

Perhaps what I'm mentioning isn't much different from Canada? My memories of Canada seem very faint now....

As for tension among friends and colleagues, no, I haven't sensed that. What I have sensed is that people are drawing inward somewhat, I think because they are fighting so hard just to remain in the middle class. Home ownership isn't nearly the boon that it used to be. I'm really wondering how places like Toronto and Vancouver can continue along with such ridiculous real estate valuations... when is that bubble going to burst?
                    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Rasmussen has been the one presidential approval poll that has remained positive for Trump, until now.
                      Latest Rasmussen poll is -2.
                      But, now the latest Reuters/Ipsos is +2, all the others are negative.

Despite everything, Trump supporters are with him.
                      Debate is shifting to Health Care. I wonder if Trump can deliver on this promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                        There's a couple things I can say from having lived in the U.S. for 20 years now.
                        You aren't an American by birth?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                          You aren't an American by birth?
                          Why does that matter at all?? Even if Paul was American by birth, he spent a lot of time in Canada and (apparently) the last 20 years in the U.S.
                          Even if he was born a Democrat or Repugnican, it wouldn't automatically qualify him for special insight...
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• CNN eats human brains. Zombie apocalypse begins

If I may clarify, Kevin P. thinks God is anti-communism.

In a new low for CNN the host of a CNN program has engaged in cannibalism eating human brain. His defense of crossing the line is that it didn't taste very good.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-believer.html

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...+human+brain&*

These things are all clearly related.

Prions and mad cow disease can't be avoided by cooking.
                            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Friday, 10th March, 2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Despite everything, Trump supporters are with him.
                              Debate is shifting to Health Care. I wonder if Trump can deliver on this promise.
                              For how long will Trump's base stand with him? Here's an interesting article on the Republican's healthcare bill: http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...cid=mod-latest

It's been 7 years since Obamacare was signed into law. The Republican's have been whining about it since day one. I don't understand why they are now putting forward a bill that doesn't even have the full support of their own party. What have they been doing for the last 7 years?

Comment

More on the Republican's healthcare bill:

"I was struck last night by a comment that I heard made by Speaker Ryan, where he called this repeal bill 'an act of mercy.' With all due respect to our speaker, he and I must have read different Scripture…The one I read calls on us to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to shelter the homeless, and to comfort the sick. It reminds us that we are judged not by how we treat the powerful, but by how we care for the least among us. There is no mercy in a system that makes health care a luxury. There is no mercy in a country that turns their back on those most in need of protection: the elderly, the poor, the sick, and the suffering. There is no mercy in a cold shoulder to the mentally ill. This is not an act of mercy. It is an act of malice."

- Congressman Joseph Kennedy III, from The Boston Globe, March 9 (10?)/17

Comment

Working...
                                X