Knightfall Chess Association??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: humility precedes greatness

It seems to me that the organizer is sincere though a bit inexperienced. We wish him well. We don't advertise non-CFC rated events on the CFC website. Bob Gillanders became concerned because he was being asked questions which he could not answer about the tournament and later about the organizers. Any chess is better than no chess. We just had a tournament in Windsor which reached as many as 1500 kids which was not CFC rated. Everyone seemed to have fun. There will soon be another tournament at Collasanti's which will also not be rated but will draw a large number of kids.

Comment

Re: humility precedes greatness

Vlad is mostly right. Our big tournament in Windsor had 1452 pre-registered, + 12 walk-ins, minus 42 no-shows for 1422 total players. This is the 19th year for this event.

Colasant's annual event has been running for at least 20 years - it has declined from 150+ players in its heyday to less than 100 last year.

Comment

Re: Knightfall Chess Association??

Pre-registration list for the March 12 tournament:

http://knightfallchess.com/events

Comment

Just read through the entire thread... I hope nobody actually gave the "organizer" any money...

Comment

If the number of pre-registrants is to be believed - a lot of people have already paid. I hope someone will visit and report here.

Comment

I'm not downloading anything from their site.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Sharpe View Post
                I'm not downloading anything from their site.
                I downloaded and scanned the files for viruses and found nothing.

Comment

And even the pre-registration list looks suspicious. Really curious to see how it unfolds. The suspense is real! :p

Comment

Simpler solution; contact City of Toronto and inquire about their lease agreement with the KCA. Contract number: 3466326

Re: Jimmie Simpson Recreational Center; Gym (B)

Amount: 985.90

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                      If the number of pre-registrants is to be believed - a lot of people have already paid. I hope someone will visit and report here.
                      Why wouldn't they..after all, the CFC president himself has said on record that the organizers are sincere.
                      I expect some hats to be eaten after March 12.

Here is the latest I have seen, on facebook: https://www.gofundme.com/universal-free-chess%EF%BB%BF
                      mentioning this newly born/created "chess expert" http://chess.ca/players?check_rating...358&key=170309

Comment

Fide doesn't list a Nima Shirali, but does have 12531197 Shirani Liri, Nima, Iran, rated 1657.

Comment

Isn't today the day? It would be interesting to hear from someone how the tournament went.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                            Isn't today the day? It would be interesting to hear from someone how the tournament went.
                            Yes, today. rental contract shows 8am to 4pm, so they should be finished by now.
                            I am very curious. Can anyone tell us how it went?

Comment

Last edited by Olivier Tessier; Monday, 22nd October, 2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier Tessier View Post
                                I heard it went great. Maybe the CFC can now wire transfer them some money; given how they successfully served the cause of Chess in Canada.
                                As far as I remember, the event was not CFC rated. In that case, I wonder why the CFC should send them money. I used to hold unrated events, the CFC never sent me any money.

Vlad, Bob G, you are missing a huge opportunity here: support chess in Canada, send money to people who hold chess events!

(P.S. I'm retired, but maybe you could make it retroactive.)

Comment

Working...
                                X