Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eating hats

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt until they show themselves not deserving of that benefit.
    Agreed, but do not allow yourself to get suckered either, if you can avoid it. I have found this to be an extremely interesting thread, though I have no opinion on the matter whatsoever.

Comment

This was not a CFC rated event and so the CFC should have little to say. .
      It does not mean that it was not advertise as being rated by the CFC. The cashed FAQ version:
      "Question: Are your tournaments rated by the CFC?

Yes all of our tournaments including the Bobby Fischer Memorial Open will be rated by the CFC. Players must be registered with the CFC in order to be rated, however. Please make sure to register as a CFC member before signing up if you would like to be rated"
      Now FAQ is gone.

Comment

I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt until they show themselves not deserving of that benefit.
        Yes, but....remember these wise words from George W. ("Dubya") (of course)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAgRpL_q3s
        Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 14th March, 2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Yes, but....remember these wise words from George W.
          I think you mean "Dubya" otherwise it looks like Washington.

Comment

Re: Knightfall Chess Association??

Update: The announced April tournaments have now become June tournaments. A "Tal Memorial" is planned for Hart House in August.
            The gofundme link to raise $50k is gone (there was $0 in donations when I last saw it).

http://knightfallchess.com/events

Comment

Update: The Knightfall web page and Facebook page went bye-bye on July 1. I was wondering what was going to happen to the tournaments advertised for June. R.I.P.

Comment

Thanks for the update. What did we learn from its demise?

Comment

Well John Coleman, it appears you had a fall and experienced a little of what I went through when Ed Renaud broke my left leg and I ended up in a wheelchair and it took me four years to walk again without a cane. I hope your recovery went well.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post

NightFall:
                    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=nightfall
                    Given that, KCA's name seems a little TOO coincidental to actually be a coincidence.
                    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                    X