FIDE Arbiter Seminar Feb 18-20 at Hart House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE Arbiter Seminar Feb 18-20 at Hart House

Just a reminder about the FIDE Arbiter Seminar at Hart House this weekend. The cost is $250 per person and we still have seats open. Hard copy of the study material will be provided. The schedule is 9am - 6pm each day. The exams will be written after lunch on Monday, February 20. The passing grade is 80%. Successful participants will earn a norm for their FA title. The FA title allows an Arbiter to direct tournaments where player norms are possible. The seminar will be conducted by myself and Aris Marghetis

If you are interested please contact me at halbond@sympatico.ca

Re: FIDE Arbiter Seminar Feb 18-20 at Hart House

I'll heartily recommend this FIDE Arbiter Seminar course to anyone serious about chess organization, direction, and arbiter functions. Even many strong players, who don't immediately wish to get involved in chess organization right now, would benefit, through the very thorough coverage of rules. :)

I enrolled in this course and passed the exam in 2010, when it was taught by Hal and IA Stephen Boyd, as part of the 2010 Canadian Open in Toronto. That was the first time in Canada. They did a fantastic job, and everyone who participated got a lot out of it.

Comment

March 28, 2017

At the FIDE site there is a report on the FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar in Toronto. It is dated February 28, 2017:

https://www.fide.com/component/conte...a-results.html

From 18 to 20 February 2017 a FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar was organized in Toronto, Canada, by the Chess Federation of Canada and under the auspices of FIDE.

The lecturer as IA Hal Bond (CAN), FIDE Lecturer and Assistant Lecturer was IA Aris Marghetis (CAN).

The venue of the Seminar was the Hart House of the Toronto University.

The lectures were in English language.

Eight (8) people from Canada participated in the Seminar and all of them participated in the examination test, held after the end of the lectures.

The following succeeded in the test and they will be awarded a norm or the FIDE Arbiter title, after the approval of the next FIDE Congress:

NAME FEDERATION FIDE I.D.

Tyler Longo Canada 2607034
      David Peng Yu Canada 2605376
      Andrew Peredun Canada 2605376
      Chris Tapping Canada -
      Egidijus Zeromskis Canada 2609738
      Marcus Wilker Canada 2616629

IA Takis Nikolopoulos
      Chairman
      FIDE Arbiters’ Commission
      _________

There is a group photo of nine very handsome gentlemen.

Could some reader identify each individual as some of them appear on these pages?

Comment

Wayne wrote:

Eight (8) people from Canada participated in the Seminar and all of them participated in the examination test, held after the end of the lectures.
        Does that mean that the two that didn't pass the test are also in the photo? A little embarassing for them, wouldn't you think?

Comment

March 28, 2107

I see the difficulty and no one is more aware of the delicacy of the situation than myself. Perhaps we can just identify the frequent ChessTalk posters.

Or maybe we should just abandon the enquiry and go back to bashing Donald and Kirsan, who are safe targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post
            Could some reader identify each individual as some of them appear on these pages?
            I'm on the right. Hal Bond is sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              I'm on the right. Hal Bond is sitting.
              I'm standing behind Hal with glasses. It was a great seminar. Many thanks to Aris and Hal! (I thought we were going to photoshop Aris in later.)

- also noticed a new Arbiters magazine is out :)
              Last edited by Marcus Wilker; Wednesday, 29th March, 2017, 01:06 PM.
              Marcus Wilker
              Annex Chess Club
              Toronto, Ontario

Comment

I'm on the far left.
                Last edited by Andrew Peredun; Wednesday, 29th March, 2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Congrats to all who passed. It's not an easy test, one must have some experience before taking the course.

I would hope that someday all those who run CMA Chess Challenges and school tournaments take this course. Where's everybody who helps Francis with his great monthly tournaments?

Comment

Hello,

Any arbiters looking for FA or IA norms -

We need an arbiter for our FIDE-Rated Futurity event this weekend,
                    pays well enough (recover your exam fee!), I've done all the pairings,
                    and will certify the results to FIDE, all you need do is supervise, drink
                    coffee, post results, submit paperwork to CFC and FIDE!

Pay: $250.00

email: toronto@strategygames.ca
                    or contact below:

Francis Rodrigues, LLB - Regional Director
                    Strategy Games & The Chess'n Math Association
                    tel: 416-488-5506; 416-486-3395; 647-232-6014 (cell)
                    701 Mt. Pleasant Road, Toronto, ON, M4S 2N4
                    fax: 416-486-4637; website: www.chess-math.org

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
                      Congrats to all who passed. It's not an easy test, one must have some experience before taking the course.

I would hope that someday all those who run CMA Chess Challenges and school tournaments take this course. Where's everybody who helps Francis with his great monthly tournaments?
                      When is the next seminar and exam planned for Toronto?

Comment

Working...
                      X