X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd CMA-FIDE Futurity

2ND FIDE-CMA FUTURITY 2017

RATED FIDE/CFC/FQE

Open to all FIDE rated players as well as players with no FIDE rating but have CFC or FQE ratings over 1600 as of April 1, 2017. In order to get a FIDE rating one must play a total of 9 games against FIDE rated players over a 26 month period. We intend on holding these events on a regular basis. It is our intention to make sections of 6 players composed of one or two players who do not yet have FIDE ratings without compromising the strength of the group.

Round-robin sections of 6 players with similar ratings.

No bye is permitted. Everyone must play all 5 games. Sets are supplied. Please bring your own clock.

Registration: Before April 1st: Those who have a FIDE rating - $25, those with no FIDE rating - $35. Free for Grandmasters and International Masters.

Between April 1st and April 7th - $10 more. No registrations accepted after April 7th.

Maximum of 48 players.

You must be a member of the CFC or the FQE

Site: Chess'n Math, 3423 St Denis #400, Montreal (Sherbrooke Metro)

Schedule: Round 1 Friday April 14 6:30pm

Round 2, 3 - Saturday April 15: 11:00am and 4:30pm

Round 4,5 - Sunday April 16: 11:00am and 4:30pm

Time Control: 90 minutes plus 30 seconds per move

Prizes: Where at least one player in the section has a rating (CFC FQE or FIDE) of 2200 or more: 1st Prize - $200, 2nd prize - $100. For the other complete sections of 6: 1st prize $100, 2nd prize $50.

Organized by Sylvain Millette for the Chess'n Math Association. You can register on-line at: http://strategygames.ca/futurity

Information: Sylvain Millette: 514-344-1415 or reti@videotron.ca

Re: 2nd CMA-FIDE Futurity

Hi Larry,

Is the Toronto one coming up soon ?

It will be great to be able to plan ahead.

Thanks

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary,

I am seeing Francis on Thursday and I will discuss it with him at that time.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        Hi Gary,

I am seeing Francis on Thursday and I will discuss it with him at that time.

Larry
        Thanks Larry. Thanks to CMA for all the contributions in chess in Canada.

Cheers

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary,

I spoke with Francis and we are looking at doing one in Toronto on the same dates as the Montreal one. I have a meeting of my Executive Board tonight and I will try to post details tomorrow.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
            Hi Gary,

I spoke with Francis and we are looking at doing one in Toronto on the same dates as the Montreal one. I have a meeting of my Executive Board tonight and I will try to post details tomorrow.

Larry
            Thanks so much Larry.

Comment

Yes, the 2nd and 3rd tournaments of the CMA Futurity series are starting in Quebec and Ontarion tomorrow, Friday, April 14. Good luck to Francis and everyone playing in Toronto!

In Montreal, we have three round-robin sections of six players each, plus a Swiss section of 15 players. You can follow the CMA Futurity # 02 tournament here:
              Section A
              Section B
              Section C
              Swiss section .

Comment

2nd CMA-FIDE Futurity

Congratulations to:
                - NM Lizandro Lopes and Thanh Nha Duong, the winners of Section A,
                - Louis Robichaud and Gabriel Renan Broday, the winners of Section B,
                - the young Richard Zheng, the sole winner of Section C,
                - Marius Baran and Timour Nesterov, the winners of Section D.

Thanks to everyone who took part, and to the CMA for generous prizes.
                Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; Monday, 17th April, 2017, 09:15 PM. Reason: Name correction for section D.

Comment

Thanks to Luc Gauthier and Hugh Brodie who diligently collect the scoresheets and transcribe the games to PGN, all the tournament games are now available in their corresponding sections.

Comment

Working...
                  X