WCC round 5.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCC round 5.2

Harika Dronavalli tied her playoff with Tan, Zhongyi by winning the second game after 162 moves with K+B+N v K ending... I was watching some of the game live when Harika seemed to delay forcing that ending by advancing her last pawn to compel her opponent to sack her final remaining Bishop. I wondered if Harika was putting off getting into that ending because she didn't know how to do it over the board. Seems she does know... [I know the principle of course but seriously doubt I could do it - will have to study the process someday...]

Maybe Harika was just gaining some time on the clock so that fresh or different increments would set in? Not sure what the details are...

I guess there is a fresh playoff tomorrow? Armageddon or some such nonsense?

Edit: seems that was the actual round 5 matchup now tied at 1-1. Playoffs to follow:

"The tiebreaks consist of two 25 min + 10-sec increment rapid games, then if needed two additional 10+10 games, two 5+3 blitz games and finally a single Armageddon game, where White has 5 minutes to Black's 4, but a draw counts as a win for Black. Official website: tehran2017.fide.com "
    Last edited by Kerry Liles; Friday, 24th February, 2017, 02:37 PM. Reason: clarification
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.
Working...
X