Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canada's first WGM: Qiyu Zhou!

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
    FIDE has confirmed the title of Woman Grand Master on Qiyu Zhou. This makes her Canada's first ever Woman Grand Master.
    I think the CFC has to now expand its page listing Canadian Title Holders to also include WGM Qiyu Zhou... :) Hee: http://chess.ca/fide-titles
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Re : Canada's first WGM: Qiyu Zhou!

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
      Good to see her out there supporting Canadian events too. You often don't get that with our titled players.
      Agreed.

Qiyu plays everywhere, including England last weekend, where she finished =3rd-5th at Blackpool with a 2431 TPR:

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr2685...fed=CAN&wi=821

Comment

Blackpool? Isnt that Wales? Great country and great tournament success! Brings back memories. WoW

Comment

By the way I really enjoyed your interview with Qiyu and her mom, John. Set a goal and just do it. (Better than Nike)

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            Blackpool? Isnt that Wales? Great country and great tournament success! Brings back memories. WoW
            Blackpool is in Lancashire, northwest England, a classically tacky seaside resort. I think many people of Welsh extraction would lynch you if they read this......!
            Fred Harvey

Comment

60 miles as the crow flies but Liverpool is inbetween. I'll correct my geography.

Comment

Working...
              X