X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Shankland, Kicking and Screaming

Samuel Shankland, Kicking and Screaming

March 11, 2017

Evidently US GM Sam Shankland is in a Fox reality show called Kicking and Screaming. This is outside of my field of expertise – has anyone seen it?

https://www.facebook.com/KickingAndScreamingFOX/

Part of a review by LAURA ROSENFELD

When I first heard that there was a new TV show called Kicking & Screaming premiering on Thursday, March 9 at 9 p.m. ET on FOX, I thought to myself, they made a small-screen adaptation of that terrible Will Ferrell movie? Well, no, they haven't — not yet, at least. No, this Kicking & Screaming is a reality competition where 10 expert survivalists are paired with 10 people who really shouldn't be in the great outdoors to see which duo can not only survive but thrive in the wilderness in order to take home a cash prize of $500,000. Now that sounds much more interesting to me. So who's up to the challenge and will be a part of the Kicking & Screaming cast?

The survivalists are no joke. This is a group that features former members of the military, martial artists, and people who make a living out of teaching others how to survive in the wild. The novices, on the other hand, well, they're probably going to make you let out a few — OK, many — giggles throughout the season. The people in this crew, made up of a fashion blogger, etiquette expert, and a NBA cheerleader, just to name a few, have never camped outside in their backyards, so let's just say that they're going to find Kicking & Screaming to be a bit of a difficult experience.

When you put completely opposite people together, you know that drama and hilarity are basically guaranteed. But could I be judging the novices too harshly, and do the survival experts have more hardships ahead of them than I may realize? Let's get to know the Kicking & Screaming cast on a deeper level, shall we?

Sam’s bio:

With that suit on, Samuel Shankland does not exactly look ready to battle the elements. Luckily, he'll have survivalist partner Caleb Garmany by his side to help him make it through. In Sam's life outside of Kicking & Screaming, he's an American Chess Grandmaster on the U.S. National Chess team, the reigning champs of the Chess Olympiad. Sam also boasts a photographic memory, or rather, as he put it in one Kicking & Screaming sneak peek, "When people talk about a photographic memory, they're talking about people like me." And humble, too!

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-kicking...petition-43034
Working...
X