Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borislav Ivanov arrested in Bulgaria

http://www.chessdom.com/the-best-che...orld-arrested/

It must be emphasized that so far Ivanov has not been charged with or convicted of any crimes.

Re: Borislav Ivanov arrested in Bulgaria

Originally posted by Dan Scoones View Post
    http://www.chessdom.com/the-best-che...orld-arrested/

It must be emphasized that so far Ivanov has not been charged with or convicted of any crimes.
    It is important to note none of this has to do with his alleged cheating at chess - which is the reason many readers here might recall his name...
    He was arrested for producing fake documents (drivers licences and University diplomas) so I presume he will be charged with that.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      It is important to note none of this has to do with his alleged cheating at chess - which is the reason many readers here might recall his name...
      He was arrested for producing fake documents (drivers licences and University diplomas) so I presume he will be charged with that.
      A tiger does not change its spots.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        A tiger does not change its spots.

Bob A
        These must be strange tigers where you live... ;)

Comment

Bob - I think you had better take out your Bible and read Jeremiah 13, verse 23. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
            These must be strange tigers where you live... ;)
            OOPS - Leopard maybe???

I gave false news - I cannot tell a lie........

My tigers do not have spots......they have stripes .....

like the old barber pole! :)

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
              Bob - I think you had better take out your Bible and read Jeremiah 13, verse 23. :-)
              Hi Hugh:

My Old Testament is in my Museum in the basement as a historical document......too dusty down there to go get it to look.....

And, as all my chess friends know, I'm a Neanderthal.....don't get this googling thingee>>>>>>>>

HELP!

Can someone copy and paste this life enlightening piece of ancient scroll that I'm supposed to read and that is supposed to save me?

Bob A (Modern Theist)

Comment

Jeremiah 13 verse 23:

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."

Comment

Jeremiah 13 verse 23:

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."
                  Hugh:

I have never read that passage, though I know the popular leopard short paraphrase.

But if I read the passage right, is it not saying the opposite of the popularization (Taking the first interrogative out of context, by omitting the final sentence)?

Popular interpretation: Those doing evil will continue to do evil (Cannot change their spots).

Biblical Reality: The answer to the first interrogatory is a resounding "YES". Those doing evil must know that they CAN do good [Their choice].

Is my biblical interpretation sound? (I know........not chess related...but I think it is......we patzers are stupid; but we CAN do other than that [Our choice]! )

Bob A

Comment

Hugh:

I have never read that passage, though I know the popular leopard short paraphrase.

But if I read the passage right, is it not saying the opposite of the popularization (Taking the first interrogative out of context, by omitting the final sentence)?

Popular interpretation: Those doing evil will continue to do evil (Cannot change their spots).

Biblical Reality: The answer to the first interrogatory is a resounding "YES". Those doing evil must know that they CAN do good [Their choice].

Is my biblical interpretation sound? (I know........not chess related...but I think it is......we patzers are stupid; but we CAN do other than that [Our choice]! )

Bob A
                    I would interpret it to say that people are not going to spontaneously stop doing evil unless something fundamental changes. All things are possible with God but it does take some effort on the part of the evil doer or perhaps being struck blind on the road to Damascus. Obviously choosing to do evil is easier to change than changing the colour of one's skin or the spots on a leopard (without anaesthetic and dye) but in practice things are not going to change.

Comment

Jeremiah 13 verse 23:

I have read Vlad's shot at this, and re-read Hugh's quote (For which, many thanks).

I might now try again as to what this means:

1. An Ethiopian and leopard are as they are - they are immutable.

2. You who are accustomed to do evil, change your ways and do good........for if you persist you will be too far gone and immutable to turn towards the light.

I think this is a better shot at this than my first one....anyone agree that this captures it better?

My first shot said that though accustomed to do evil, the evil-doer "may" yet "also do good" (The death-bed conversion that gives many religious people a theological nightmare).

My second interpretation says that the bible passage is that if one continues to do evil, one will eventually pass the point of no return (The death-bed conversion is a myth, and evil people must realize what they are doing to themselves).

Which of my interpretations seems best to our Chesstalk theologians.......the question is on a par with whether Bobby Fischer ever did really say: "Chess IS life".

Bob A

Comment

starts with a notorious cheater getting arrested for related crimes, ends up in a conversation about Ethiopians, wild animals, and the Bible. Gotta love chesstalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
                          starts with a notorious cheater getting arrested for related crimes, ends up in a conversation about Ethiopians, wild animals, and the Bible. Gotta love chesstalk
                          Hi Aman:

Should I be really, really sorry I raised that stupid tiger with spots thingee, that got all this started??

And I fear where Chesstalker's will run with it now!

Bob A (Stupid, stupid, stupid)

Comment

Hi Aman:

Should I be really, really sorry I raised that stupid tiger with spots thingee, that got all this started??

And I fear where Chesstalker's will run with it now!

Bob A (Stupid, stupid, stupid)
                            You should be afraid, very afraid... lol At least we haven't seen any quantum leopards yet... :)
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                              You should be afraid, very afraid... lol At least we haven't seen any quantum leopards yet... :)
                              An exotic smorgasbord this thread.....to quantum-plate?

Comment

Working...
                              X