Borislav Ivanov arrested in Bulgaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Borislav Ivanov arrested in Bulgaria

I don't think it is GM Borislav Ivkov who has a reputation for cheating in chess. He may be being confused here with another Yugoslav GM, of the same generation, the so-called 'GM J'Adoubovic', who became infamous, in about 1967, for taking back moves he realized were errors, during tournament games, claiming he was simply 'adjusting the piece', and then getting away with it, since there were no other witnesses present! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
      I don't think it is GM Borislav Ivkov who has a reputation for cheating in chess. He may be being confused here with another Yugoslav GM, of the same generation, the so-called 'GM J'Adoubovic', who became infamous, in about 1967, for taking back moves he realized were errors, during tournament games, claiming he was simply 'adjusting the piece', and then getting away with it, since there were no other witnesses present! :)
      I don't think it was IVKOV who was known as J'Adoubovic?? I also don't think the cheater was the old IVKOV. I seem to recall a younger player who was known as a cheater?? Someone who knows?

Comment

Not the same generation for sure:

http://streathambrixtonchess.blogspo...ii_21.html?m=1

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=13888

Comment

In addition to the 1967 incident with the Hungarian GM Bilek, the late Yugoslav GM Milan Matulovic was apparently involved in ANOTHER very similar situation that same year, and AGAIN got away with it. I can't recall his opponent in the second such game. For me, the really puzzling thing with Matulovic is that he was actually a very strong player, with a large number of significant chess achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
            This thread is about the suspended Bulgarian FIDE Master Borislav IVANOV, not the veteran Serbian grandmaster Borislav IVKOV. There is no connection at all to the latter, and there has been no previous mention of him in this thread.

From the photographs accompanying the linked article it is clear that the man arrested was the same Borislav IVANOV who was suspended for (alleged) computer cheating at a chess tournament.

The late Serbian grandmaster Milan MATULOVIC is the one who acquired the nickname J'ADOUBOVIC, after an incident in his game with Hungarian GM Istvan BILEK at the 1967 Sousse Interzonal.

May I gently state that all of this information is easily found online through the standard search engines. For example, typing "J'Adoubovic" into Google immediately brings up the Wikipedia article about Matulovic.
            Last edited by Dan Scoones; Wednesday, 22nd March, 2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
              You should be afraid, very afraid... lol At least we haven't seen any quantum leopards yet... :)
              Schrodinger's leopard: the leopard is either pissed, or very pissed. Only way to know is to open the box.

Comment

Working...
              X