Clear All

• Re: CFC Member Stats

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    We did it, again.
    Member Stats for October 1, 2017 = 2,241
    That's a health jump for 1 month.
    Memberships expiring on Oct 1 = 145
    So, today we are back down to 2,096.
    Can we keep the upward trend going for Nov 1?
    To quote Maxwell Smart, missed it by that much!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-NkyEFTmo

Member Stats for Nov 1 = 2,228
    A tiny drop this month.
    Memberships expiring on Nov 1 = 123
    So, today we are back down to 2,105
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Thursday, 2nd November, 2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Is there anywhere you can find how many players there are in a certain rating group across Canada and each region?. ie U2200,U2000,U1800,U1600,U1400,U1200,U1000

It would be interesting to know how to set up sections based on number of rated members.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
        Is there anywhere you can find how many players there are in a certain rating group across Canada and each region?. ie U2200,U2000,U1800,U1600,U1400,U1200,U1000

It would be interesting to know how to set up sections based on number of rated members.
        John, with all due respect, I wish everyone would stop asking all these questions.
        Paul may choose to reply, as he does have access to some summary data.
        I haven't kept up to it, so I can't comment intelligently.
        But I would say, someone who is good at computer data manipulation could use the TD list (available on the website) to answer some of your questions.

But I would make 2 comments:

Aggregate data nationwide would be useless to a local tournament organizer. Canada is made up of many distinct chess communities. The differences can be great as to member profiles re. age, rating, etc.

The CFC rating software was written in 1996. Asking it to compete with 21st century software as to data mining etc. is a tall order. The effort involved is not cost benefit effective. The CFC rating software continues to perform well and we certainly have gotten our money's worth, the CFC voting members should give serious consideration to building / purchasing a new 21st century program.

Comment

If someone wants to make the effort, download the text file from the CFC database, convert to excel, and sort by rating. Then a couple of lookup and count functions should be able to generate the numbers.

Comment

Working...
          X