UNWANTED WEBSITES OPENED WHEN I USE ChessTalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNWANTED WEBSITES OPENED WHEN I USE ChessTalk

http:\\ free.promotrkon.com/?utm_term=6408254422995960579&clickverify=1 <<garbling the link here a bit...>> &utm_content=c3fbc0c6c0caac9ca2909091a6939c95ba8ab8d7becabcbd8b8b81b1828487b5b8bfb889bc8f8cbc828380acbfb784b79adae8e9f2fabcdefdfee0e4e2f2e6b9caa2868ac0efdfdfe2d0d2e1e6e790978f9ef8f9cf13#

I cleared my website data on safari on my iPhone 4s, iOS 7, skipping my (clear history) and shutting of JavaScript temporarily to help me grab the link with a copy/paste back to here. Mostly the phone is designed to block pop-ups, which opened in a new window, asking only for a click ok option, and it was hard to x click away the window without going into the control panel to clear the site data to get the pop-up and dialog box from not appearing.

Just mentioning it, in case it helps them scan for various OS vulnerabilities.

Comment

My pop-up blocker is set on, and I can see the messages across the bottom almost every time I click on a CT message. At least the pop-up blocker is working in a way.

Comment

I'm getting them this morning in Chrome.

Comment

I have been told that this problem has been cleaned up. They tell me you should clean up your browser history and try again...it should be fine.

Comment

Still happening to me. I'll run my AV stuff, and check it out again.

Comment

Just happened to me as well.

Comment

This is really upsetting!

I've had no issues at all ...sigh.

I'm running the most recent Firefox with only one plugin ABP.

FYI, one of the many ways to clear FF browser's cache: Options>Advanced. And to set-up security: Options>Security

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                  It just started happening to me. Time for a scan for spyware.
                  Do you know what your CFC has been up to............Spyware-Leaks will soon reveal all (To take a page from Donald's book)!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                    I have been told that this problem has been cleaned up. They tell me you should clean up your browser history and try again...it should be fine.
                    Hey Larry, do you have any more information on what your guys meant by "clean up your browser history"? I've tried that, but I still get attempted new other pages. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Aris,

On Friday, I pointed out to our programmer that the problem was still there (mind you I don't have this problem at the office nor at home...neither before or after the "fix".). Long gone are the days when CMA had service 24-7...with the passing of Yves Casaubon in 2009 that all ended. That was a big loss for our organization.

Tuesday we will attempt to fix the problem for real. Sorry about that.

Larry

Comment

I "cleared my browser history" and the problem went away.

Comment

I ran CC cleaner, and everything seems okay now.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                            Hi Aris,

On Friday, I pointed out to our programmer that the problem was still there (mind you I don't have this problem at the office nor at home...neither before or after the "fix".). Long gone are the days when CMA had service 24-7...with the passing of Yves Casaubon in 2009 that all ended. That was a big loss for our organization.

Tuesday we will attempt to fix the problem for real. Sorry about that.

Larry
                            No worries Larry, just providing info. Thanks and regards, Aris.

Comment

A few days ago I had some sort of security risk warning from my AVG when I visited chesstalk on my desktop computer. Followed by unwanted Windows opening. I promptly stopped visiting here, until today out of curiousity, and now the problem seems to be gone.

Before that I visited chesstalk on my laptop and that coincided with it becoming infected with viruses/spyware, and blocked, as I discovered I had no MS Security Essentials protection anymore thanks to Microsoft cutting off support in April for my laptop's Vista operating system. Luckily I have a family member who knows how to repair computers, and he's going to try to install a new operating system, since I thought I was probably going to need one for my laptop anyway, thanks to Microsoft if nothing else. I also used my laptop for email, as Bell deemed my old (XP) desktop's browser to be too old to be worthy of their giving me Sympatico (Bell) email login capability. Luckily another family member gets email on her laptop, and she comes over about once a week. Only one sort of interesting email so far all week, but answering it is optional and can wait. Don't know how long it'll be till I get my laptop back, but I'll then have to reinstall the bulk of my chess software, much of which I had backed up. :(
                              Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Monday, 17th April, 2017, 12:50 PM. Reason: Adding content
                              Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                              Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

threat detected

My anti-virus software detected a threat when I clicked to this site. Good to know it's working.

I wonder if Facebook has gone back to blocking links to this site again?

eta: Facebook seems to allow links.
                                Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Thursday, 20th April, 2017, 11:42 AM. Reason: F/b note
                                Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
                                X