Attention Larry Bevand - Moderators needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attention Larry Bevand - Moderators needed!

Originally posted by lying ben daswani View Post
    I'll let people decide for themselves whether you made a racist comment or not.
    Elizabeth Warren claimed to be native American when she was not. That is not a racist comment as it was applied to someone who is white anglo saxon atheist the last time I looked.

You should get used to that phrase as it is expected to come up when she runs for president.
    Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 8th May, 2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      Hi Larry,
      How much are you asking for chesstalk? How many active posters does the site have and how many unique hits does it get on an average month?
      Best,
      Sid
      There are maybe 10-15 active posters on English side, maybe 100 readers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        Elizabeth Warren claimed to be native American when she was not. That is not a racist comment as it was applied to someone who is white anglo saxon atheist the last time I looked.
        Look again then, you ignorant bigot. She's partly of Native American ancestry. To deny someone of one's heritage because you can't comprehend the concept of being mixed race is insidious, even for you.
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by lying ben daswani View Post
          Look again then, you ignorant bigot. She's partly of Native American ancestry. To deny someone of one's heritage because you can't comprehend the concept of being mixed race is insidious, even for you.
          According to a Cherokee Nation geneologist there is no evidence that she is of Cherokee ancestry. She claims Cherokee ancestry. She lied. What a surprise - NOT! She could prove her claims by taking a DNA test which she has declined to do since she knows it is a lie.

Comment

Please refer to https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/

Comment

Hi Sid,

I will send you a private e-mail in the next day or two.

Thank you for your interest.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                Hi Larry,
                How much are you asking for chesstalk? How many active posters does the site have and how many unique hits does it get on an average month?
                Best,
                Sid
                Need a partner?

Comment

Originally posted by lying stupid ben daswani View Post
                  She claims mixed heritage. There is no evidence of mixed heritage. She lied in a political arena though she did not lie on her college applications which might have led to trouble. It is apparent that Harvard lied on her behalf to make itself appear more diversified than it was. As Sid said the only racist/bigot on this site so far appears to be you lying Ben Daswani the social justice warrior.

Congratulations! Its because of people like you and the Politically Correct culture that the Democratic party lost the election. Give yourself a pat on the back. You saved the world from a fate worse than death.
                  Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 8th May, 2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                    Woof woof woof woof. Woof woof woof woof. Sid woof woof woof Ben Daswani woof woof woof.

Woooooof! Woof woof woof. Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof.
                    Informative.

Comment

Would you care to wager on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                        Simply add a 3rd option to "Chesstalk" and "Parlons Echecs" - let's call it "Non-chess" - and all the Trump stuff can go there. Look at other chess boards - they all have other options. Our group isn't active enough to need all kinds of sub-divisions, but "Non-chess" seems sufficient I would think.

e.g.

http://www.aussiechess.com.au/ and its competitor
                        http://www.chesschat.org/
                        http://www.chessforums.org/

That would appear to make sense, Hugh, and I support that idea. Someone would have to take the time to go back through the history and move non-chess threads into the non-chess category.

There would remain a problem: the branching (some would call it "hijacking") of threads.

So a thread could start off about chess, and end up with a sub-thread about Pocohantas. You would click on the latest post and find yourself reading about Pocohantas.

What a moderator could do, if ChessTalk were sufficiently popular to consider the cost of having a paid moderator, is to spend time going over the day's new posts, find ones that branch from a chess topic to a non-chess topic, and contact the poster to let him / her know that that post is being made a whole new thread in the non-chess category, with a link back to the post it was in response to. The moderator could decide on a subject line for the new thread. Ditto for posts that branch from a non-chess topic to a chess topic. Thus chess threads would always be about chess, and non-chess topics would always be about non-chess topics.

Granted, you might still click on the latest post in a chess topic and find it's Vlad Drkulec calling someone a liar because they have views that don't fit Vlad's extremely prejudiced world view.
                        Only the rushing is heard...
                        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                          There are maybe 10-15 active posters on English side, maybe 100 readers.
                          If you believe this post, it's a total waste of time to do anything IMO! Selling price? Somewhere on the wrong side of zero.....
                          Fred Harvey

Comment

Hi Sid,

I have sent you a private message on this board as I was not sure I had a current e-mail address for you.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                              Hi Sid,

I have sent you a private message on this board as I was not sure I had a current e-mail address for you.

Larry
                              Hi Larry,
                              I got your message but the private message board does not allow me to respond to you. Send me a private message with your email I can contact you at.
                              Thanks,
                              Sid

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
                                At the risk of offending Larry or putting words in his mouth, he is not really interested in having a moderator to stop the content you reference. He told me so in an email. Anything that drives traffic away was to be avoided. This after I shut down a post after an anti-semitic cartoon was posted. An employee complained that he still had more rants to make. I told him to drop it in a fashion that he often uses on this board, and then I was no longer a moderator. True character revealed all around.
                                This is being disingenuous.
                                Moderators cannot aspire to be condescending major-domos,
                                secondly one must demonstrably encourage debate and growth
                                whilst being impartial, rather than being correctional and biased.

Comment

Working...
                                X