Attention Larry Bevand - Moderators needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attention Larry Bevand - Moderators needed!

I demand more personal attacks and request moderators be implemented to start initiating those attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
      I demand more personal attacks and request moderators be implemented to start initiating those attacks.
      This is unquestionably the best post I've read on this board in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
        You've just invented the Immoderator!! :)
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
          This is being disingenuous.
          Moderators cannot aspire to be condescending major-domos,
          secondly one must demonstrably encourage debate and growth
          whilst being impartial, rather than being correctional and biased.
          It is not disingenuous. It is factual. I was not condescending on this board. I spoke to you as you often speak here, but in a private email. It was not my job to encourage debate. I was not biased. Being correctional is the job of moderators all over the internet, but not here. That would drive away traffic. I have personally met 3 adults who have considered joining tournaments and they all read the crap on this board and decided not to. No thanks to people like you.

Like I wrote - an anti-semitic cartoon was posted. The person who it was intended for, was offended by it - and it was intended to offend - wrote me as a moderator and asked me to do something. I did. Lucky for me, I had a fellow employee to support me by complaining he had more crap to spout.

No wonder I have met people since then that also think you are a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
            It is not disingenuous. It is factual. I was not condescending on this board. I spoke to you as you often speak here, but in a private email. It was not my job to encourage debate. I was not biased. Being correctional is the job of moderators all over the internet, but not here. That would drive away traffic. I have personally met 3 adults who have considered joining tournaments and they all read the crap on this board and decided not to. No thanks to people like you.

Like I wrote - an anti-semitic cartoon was posted. The person who it was intended for, was offended by it - and it was intended to offend - wrote me as a moderator and asked me to do something. I did. Lucky for me, I had a fellow employee to support me by complaining he had more crap to spout.

No wonder I have met people since then that also think you are a tool.
            Thank you for providing a written demonstration above of your
            eminent unsuitability, thereby justifying our non-Profit status!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
              ... Being correctional is the job of moderators all over the internet ...
              This is what the Moderator role is. To what degree it is carried out depends upon upon the wishes of the site owner.

Comment

The mandate of the Chess 'n Math Association is to bring chess to Canadian youngsters. Over the years it has done a wonderful job and made an important contribution to our country.

Perhaps Mr. Bevand would like to send an email to every young chess player in Canada for whom he has an email address, and to all of their parents too, inviting them to read and participate in Chesstalk?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Manley View Post
                  This is unquestionably the best post I've read on this board in a long time
                  It certainly ranks in the hall of fame...
                  as for moderation of this board: I think there are so many experts on so many topics that post on Chesstalk that it can be self-moderating.
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Its all good fun until someone loses an eye.

There is no question that Chesstalk is out of control at times. There have been posts that I would have been prepared to go to court over had they not been removed. In the case of many of the posters who made the posts the CMA would be the party with the deep pockets. There have been other posts that violated human rights legislation. One reason why the CFC could not operate Chesstalk is the huge legal liability associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      One reason why the CFC could not operate Chesstalk is the huge legal liability associated with it.
                      What is so special about the CFC forum? Is it any different than this?
                      BTW, what happened with the CFC lawsuit?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                        Didn't you hear? Larry asked the CFC to operate ChessTalk.

Comment

bevand at chess-math dot org

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                            The CFC board is moderated to the extent that offensive posts can and will be removed when they come to our attention.

If you mean the Hamilton lawsuit against the CFC it is still ongoing as far as I know. Nothing was resolved at the settlement conference in Burlington a few months ago (which I attended in person). I have been asked not to comment on it so I won't beyond name, rank and serial number.
                            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Friday, 12th May, 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Hey there L.B. ... I believe you now owe me a coffee !?!

I'll be appearing in Montreal early Dec ... see ya then!

:)

Comment

Hi garland sounds like you have started a new Trump thread here. Any atomic bombs available to shut these guys up?

Comment

Working...
                                X