Lefong Hua is doing a great job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lefong Hua is doing a great job!

He has been working hard with the top Quebec youngsters...and with great results!

Lefong was Grade 1 Champion at the Canadian Chess Challenge in the first year of the event - 1989!

He was involved as a player for the first 12 years of the event...and since then as the coach of the Quebec team...a total of 29 years!

While he teaches for the Chess'n Math Association in Montreal on weekdays, a few years ago he started a Sunday group for the top Quebec youngsters...which has produced some great players!

Congrats Lefong for your contribution to chess in Canada!

Here is his report on the 2017 Quebec Chess Challenge on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0UpkESgoTY

Larry

Re: Lefong Hua is doing a great job!

Fantastic figure. I wish we had a similar dynamic fixture in the Toronto scholastic scene.

The only fixture we have here is the Walmart lifer (the Walmart greeter).

Comment

Great post Larry. Lefong has always been a real class act. I usually see him only at CYCCs and NAYCCs, and it's always a wonderful experience. He never ever acts negatively, etc.

If I had a young kid into chess in Montreal, I would so much try to get into Lefong's Sunday group!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
        Fantastic figure. I wish we had a similar dynamic fixture in the Toronto scholastic scene.

The only fixture we have here is the Walmart lifer (the Walmart greeter).

Lefong Hua is doing a great job. Rising juniors in Montreal also have access to GM teachers.

Toronto has over a dozen active chess-master teachers who have soaring students. What is it, Andy, that you would like to see different in Toronto? All kids come to one far-away space to share the same teacher?

Comment

The report on the event by Maria Manuri with some awesome pictures by Vadim Tyspin:

https://chess-math.org/blog/2017-que...enge-reportage

Comment

Lefong Hua, great chess teacher and all round classy guy! If I was 40 years younger I would take chess lessons from him.

Comment

Working...
            X